mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Kingman (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/kingman/)
-   -   Hammer 7 & MR5 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/kingman/226700-hammer-7-mr5.html)

240SX 02-19-2013 10:59 AM

Hammer 7 & MR5
 
With both of these markers in the stock configuration, should they be equally accurate to each other?

Murf425 02-19-2013 11:00 AM

No way. Everyone knows pumps are inherently more accurate than semis.

240SX 02-19-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

No way. Everyone knows pumps are inherently more accurate than semis.
Of course, haha. But on a serious note, with internals being taken into count and barrel bores, etc. should they have the same accuracy?

lmartin 02-19-2013 03:23 PM

hammers ship with a 690 barrel and have Nelson style internals.
MR5s ship with a 687 barrel and our latest stack tube with EKO valve.

so two completely different types of systems and shouldn't be compared. being that the MR5 has a smaller bore on the barrel, you could get some pretty accurate shots.

personally i think just about any gun can be as accurate as the next gun as long as it is setup properly.

240SX 02-19-2013 03:37 PM

Thanks lmartin, I was hoping you would chime in. I'm thinking the MR5 is going to be my go to FS rifle instead of the hammer 7. I just think a semi auto FS marker being able to put a couple of rounds on target without having to be taken off target to chamber another round is a big plus.

lmartin 02-19-2013 03:55 PM

If Lapco pulls through and comes out with a FS barrel for the MR5, then a MR5 may be the way to go. I will meet with them next week at the Extravaganza.

CovertRssian 02-23-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240SX (Post 2629622)
Thanks lmartin, I was hoping you would chime in. I'm thinking the MR5 is going to be my go to FS rifle instead of the hammer 7. I just think a semi auto FS marker being able to put a couple of rounds on target without having to be taken off target to chamber another round is a big plus.

One thing I noticed on my MR5 is mag double feeding (regular or FSR), and bolt crushing the paint. My gun is brand new, so once it breaks in that shouldn't be a problem (hopefully). I can see Hammer 7 being a little more reliable. But my thinking was same as yours, so I went with MR5, plus I wanted 1600 shots per 20oz tank!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmartin (Post 2629639)
If Lapco pulls through and comes out with a FS barrel for the MR5, then a MR5 may be the way to go. I will meet with them next week at the Extravaganza.

It would be sweet if they also made an FSR rifled barrel for hammer 7, that would mean you could attach it to anything after AC rethread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJOttawa (Post 2629837)
You know, you joke but there are actually plausible reasons why a pump could be more accurate than a pump, caeteris paribus.

A pump (assuming it's not a pump Automag) fires from a closed bolt. A gun firing from an open bolt (and I realize I'm opening up the whole "open/closed bolt" debate) might have the bolt travel interfered with by grit, dirt, paint shell, whatever, which could throw the shot.

Aside from the closed/open bolt thing, I find there's just less to go wrong with a pump, as long as you hold the bolt forward when firing.

Take a look at long distance military sniper rifles; many are bolt action.

With the pump/closed bolt, you preload the round and fire it after aiming. With a open bolt, you have the forward motion of the bolt and blowback of the hammer that could interfere with your accuracy.

As for long distance sniper rifles, the reason they are bolt action is for reliability and no gun powder wasted on cycling the gun, thus you get more FPS to push the bullet further and faster.

lmartin 02-23-2013 12:00 PM

Covertrussian,

You shouldn't be getting double feeds. Check the detent on your barrel. A lot of people are getting double feeds and just live with it and or say the gun sucks. It shouldn't do that, check your detents and you may need to switch it out. If your shooting a small ball it may passing by the detent even though it is good. If you contact our customer service/techs they will provide you with a detent for smaller paint.

Our techs are there for you Monday thru Friday. Call them or hit me or spydrmn22 up.

CovertRssian 02-23-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmartin (Post 2633549)
Covertrussian,

You shouldn't be getting double feeds. Check the detent on your barrel. A lot of people are getting double feeds and just live with it and or say the gun sucks. It shouldn't do that, check your detents and you may need to switch it out. If your shooting a small ball it may passing by the detent even though it is good. If you contact our customer service/techs they will provide you with a detent for smaller paint.

Our techs are there for you Monday thru Friday. Call them or hit me or spydrmn22 up.

I definitely was shooting smaller field paint, that's why I didn't really bother, but when it double fed the FSR rounds I did cry a little. On the bright side, I found out that FRS's don't really care about barrel breaks, they still shoot pretty freaking good!

I figured magazine spring is just too powerful still, thus I left it cocked for a day, that should break it in a little, so it is more consistent. I'll still hit up support for a smaller detent for the field paint though, thanks for the heads up :)

CovertRssian 11-03-2014 02:00 AM

Old post I know, but I figured I would give an update since I've had the chance to play with the H7 and MR5.

First thing's first, lmartin sent me new detents and that fixed my MR5 double feed issue :clapping:

My shots with MR5 where having a mind of their own, I got so tired of it that I went back to my Tippy. I gave the MR5 to a friend and he was super frustrated with it too. H7 on the other hand was a good bit better, and very fun to play with.

H7 barrel is about 2" longer, while I don't think that is the sole reason for better accuracy, it's the only thing that I can really point to. With my 10 shot consistency test, the MR5 seems to be more consistent then even the H7 (and much more consistent then my Tippy). Which is odd, because both the H7 and Tippmann Project Salvo can out shoot it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC