mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Hammer 7 & MR5

With both of these markers in the stock configuration, should they be equally accurate to each other?
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

No way. Everyone knows pumps are inherently more accurate than semis.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
No way. Everyone knows pumps are inherently more accurate than semis.
Of course, haha. But on a serious note, with internals being taken into count and barrel bores, etc. should they have the same accuracy?
eBay
Tdotballers.com
Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spyder

hammers ship with a 690 barrel and have Nelson style internals.
MR5s ship with a 687 barrel and our latest stack tube with EKO valve.

so two completely different types of systems and shouldn't be compared. being that the MR5 has a smaller bore on the barrel, you could get some pretty accurate shots.

personally i think just about any gun can be as accurate as the next gun as long as it is setup properly.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Thanks lmartin, I was hoping you would chime in. I'm thinking the MR5 is going to be my go to FS rifle instead of the hammer 7. I just think a semi auto FS marker being able to put a couple of rounds on target without having to be taken off target to chamber another round is a big plus.
eBay
Tdotballers.com
Old 02-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Spyder

If Lapco pulls through and comes out with a FS barrel for the MR5, then a MR5 may be the way to go. I will meet with them next week at the Extravaganza.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX View Post
Thanks lmartin, I was hoping you would chime in. I'm thinking the MR5 is going to be my go to FS rifle instead of the hammer 7. I just think a semi auto FS marker being able to put a couple of rounds on target without having to be taken off target to chamber another round is a big plus.
One thing I noticed on my MR5 is mag double feeding (regular or FSR), and bolt crushing the paint. My gun is brand new, so once it breaks in that shouldn't be a problem (hopefully). I can see Hammer 7 being a little more reliable. But my thinking was same as yours, so I went with MR5, plus I wanted 1600 shots per 20oz tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
If Lapco pulls through and comes out with a FS barrel for the MR5, then a MR5 may be the way to go. I will meet with them next week at the Extravaganza.
It would be sweet if they also made an FSR rifled barrel for hammer 7, that would mean you could attach it to anything after AC rethread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
You know, you joke but there are actually plausible reasons why a pump could be more accurate than a pump, caeteris paribus.

A pump (assuming it's not a pump Automag) fires from a closed bolt. A gun firing from an open bolt (and I realize I'm opening up the whole "open/closed bolt" debate) might have the bolt travel interfered with by grit, dirt, paint shell, whatever, which could throw the shot.

Aside from the closed/open bolt thing, I find there's just less to go wrong with a pump, as long as you hold the bolt forward when firing.

Take a look at long distance military sniper rifles; many are bolt action.
With the pump/closed bolt, you preload the round and fire it after aiming. With a open bolt, you have the forward motion of the bolt and blowback of the hammer that could interfere with your accuracy.

As for long distance sniper rifles, the reason they are bolt action is for reliability and no gun powder wasted on cycling the gun, thus you get more FPS to push the bullet further and faster.
CovertRssian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Spyder

Covertrussian,

You shouldn't be getting double feeds. Check the detent on your barrel. A lot of people are getting double feeds and just live with it and or say the gun sucks. It shouldn't do that, check your detents and you may need to switch it out. If your shooting a small ball it may passing by the detent even though it is good. If you contact our customer service/techs they will provide you with a detent for smaller paint.

Our techs are there for you Monday thru Friday. Call them or hit me or spydrmn22 up.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Covertrussian,

You shouldn't be getting double feeds. Check the detent on your barrel. A lot of people are getting double feeds and just live with it and or say the gun sucks. It shouldn't do that, check your detents and you may need to switch it out. If your shooting a small ball it may passing by the detent even though it is good. If you contact our customer service/techs they will provide you with a detent for smaller paint.

Our techs are there for you Monday thru Friday. Call them or hit me or spydrmn22 up.
I definitely was shooting smaller field paint, that's why I didn't really bother, but when it double fed the FSR rounds I did cry a little. On the bright side, I found out that FRS's don't really care about barrel breaks, they still shoot pretty freaking good!

I figured magazine spring is just too powerful still, thus I left it cocked for a day, that should break it in a little, so it is more consistent. I'll still hit up support for a smaller detent for the field paint though, thanks for the heads up
CovertRssian is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman