mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Sorry about not updating this in a while, tried piping from the halo feed to the mag with 3/4 copper and it kept binding in it. Eventually it would push trough due to the spring tension but it wasn't pretty. Need to revisit with something different, I'm gonna try the black tubing people use for other types of feeds/box mags
Old 06-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

has any one tried modifying the rap4 box mag? by the looks of the pictures ive seen you could just remove the rap4 styl mag and replace with the MR mag?
SHAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

I'm thinking of the same thing, except feed it from the top as I find its less likely to chop paint. I'm curious as to which hopper you decide to power this thing with...
emt_vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
Sorry about not updating this in a while, tried piping from the halo feed to the mag with 3/4 copper and it kept binding in it. Eventually it would push trough due to the spring tension but it wasn't pretty. Need to revisit with something different, I'm gonna try the black tubing people use for other types of feeds/box mags

When you say "binding it", do you mean that your bends are so tight that the copper was beginning to kink? If that was the issue, and if that black tubing is not available to you locally, Home Depot and Lowes sell what has been nicknamed in the electrical biz as "Smurf pipe". I can't remeber what the real name for it is; but it looks like small, corrugated drain tile in a bright blue color.
It can make some pretty tight bends, a lot moreso than any metal conduit.

why do you think i drive so carefully?

My feedback
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

I got my tubing for my boxmags from a broken air mattress pump oddly enough.
Its .72 ID and corugated so it can make 2in 90 deg. transitions without binding or colapsing in
I can spare a foot or 2 if needed for you,looks like youll only need a small bit
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
When you say "binding it", do you mean that your bends are so tight that the copper was beginning to kink? If that was the issue, and if that black tubing is not available to you locally, Home Depot and Lowes sell what has been nicknamed in the electrical biz as "Smurf pipe". I can't remeber what the real name for it is; but it looks like small, corrugated drain tile in a bright blue color.
It can make some pretty tight bends, a lot moreso than any metal conduit.
I got the piping to fit but the paint would just not move through it smoothly, I think it's a combination or the oversize of the pipe and the ridges in the seams catching the paint. I'll give the electrical conduit a shot I know exactly what your talking about.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAYNE View Post
has any one tried modifying the rap4 box mag? by the looks of the pictures ive seen you could just remove the rap4 styl mag and replace with the MR mag?

RAP4 Box Magazine With Nautilus Drive

I have those in the mail somewere will update when i have started on something for my hammer 7.
Adonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #18 (permalink)

My only concern with the box mag was that it has a sensor or something ontop of the mag for feeding the balls and no one from rap 4 could tell me(or they didnt want to tell me) how the sensor worked to activate the motor also i was thinking of clearnace issues between the mag relase and the side of the box mag, im sure its all fixable i just didnt have the money to buy a box mag to mess around with it
SHAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
Lurker

The sensor is a mic, and it's attached to wires that snake down through and plug into the main board. I think the most up-to-date kit has a sensitivity switch inline as well. It's all easy enough to remove and put in a different mag mount.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

i built it!!!

i built one but i cant figure out how to refill the mag. i have an mrx and e-trigger and i shoot lots of rounds and don't like putting balls in one by one, and taking the back off is a pain in the
8375955 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman