mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

New Hammer 7 Questions and observations

I got a new Hammer 7 to see what you guys are up to. My intent is to set it up with regulated 12 grams, since that should fit the total volume of fire I would shoot with first strikes. So far, I have drilled the BBA for two additional holes of the same size as the original in order to get some more flow from the air adapter plug that I drilled out. I also put the pump return spring inside the bolt spring (dual spring) to get the velocity up. With the stock barrel, I can get 280 fps at 650psi CO2 with just a little turn in on the velocity adapter. I'm going to look for a longer spring. I would like to get closer to 550 psi.

I took tjd's hint and polished up the hammer and sear. The valve has a longer but weaker spring now.

About consistency, my paint is not a good test, but I offer something to look for in a new Hammer. The sear pin is held in with some RTV. When I took my hammer out, I found a little rubber booger inside the body. If the RTV drags and /or peels a piece off, it would definitely mess up your consistency.

My main question is about efficiency. Can you really expect any serious efficiency out of this machine when it has that magazine relief in the bottom of the bolt? It seems like that would vent a lot of the gas from a shot.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman