mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX View Post
I sold it a while back and then bought it back and the detent was sheared. I'm going to be shooting FS only through it with a .686 HH rifled barrel. I'm hoping it should work fine, might take it out this weekend for a test run.
The stock breech is about .691, so a little wide, but the FS rounds hold themselves in place with mag tension and feeding should be ok. You might have trouble pointing down, since the chambered FS round will want to slide down to the smaller barrel diameter. At least it should stop there. It would show up as reduced velocity.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
The stock breech is about .691, so a little wide, but the FS rounds hold themselves in place with mag tension and feeding should be ok. You might have trouble pointing down, since the chambered FS round will want to slide down to the smaller barrel diameter. At least it should stop there. It would show up as reduced velocity.
Are we sure that slight of a movement would change things much at all?

Field testing!

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Are we sure that slight of a movement would change things much at all?

Field testing!
The stock breech has about an xxxx available to reach the barrel, iirc. ***actually, looking at my own pictures, it is only 1/4" or so on the stock breech. I was thinking about the one I made.***

My worst velocity variations on pumps and round paint have always been associated with paint moving away from the bolt (-100/+0 fps). The worst was a superbolt where the barrel was 1/8" from the breech. Maybe the air was just bouncing around that groove, but the Nelspot also does badly if you let a ball roll away from the bolt face.

You should try a tight fitting ball halfway down the barrel (and not). I've dinked with it, putting a ball a few inches down the barrel, and promptly went looking for a tighter barrel, or moved my high dollar chrono station off the top of the grill so that I could shoot upwards without hitting the neighbors house.

I never pulled the nelspot barrel off to see how far it was rolling before I shot. It may have been large variations.

Last edited by Spider!; 10-11-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I was thinking about ramming ~10 balls various dinstances down a barrel and see how velocity is affected. I know it will go bad at some point, but curious if it happens the instant it 'rolls' away from the bolt, or it it takes 3/4/5/6/7 inches.

Read that in this guys voice and keep from laughing, no, seriously.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman