mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

I have one of these on my Hammer. The fit is a little tight but that's probably for the best. It comes with all the screws you need to mount it and put on grips too, which is nice. Definitely makes the whole thing more sturdy and comfortable, and having the tank on the bottom of the marker is a great change from back bottle or 12gr.
MAFitzy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

I first replaced mine with the .45 frame off a Spyder Compact A...the plastic sucked and it eventually cracked...

I now have the old grip frame from my Phantom and I bought the Phantom bottom line adapter. Good part of this over the Spyder one is that it has the standard bottomline hole pattern...

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
XYZZY

PS Once I tuned and sweet spotted the gun the regulator makes a great external velocity adjuster.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Old 01-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Pretty much any of the AR style grips fit. I have the Lonestar on one with a backbottle and a Euro with bottomline on the other.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Ya it's the one screw grip and came off easily. So ya it looks like that phantom 45 or any ar grip should fit, but like jaan said it's my plastic frame that is cracking. Does one from a compact or old spyder fit? Is the auto trigger still functional?

And I also want to do a reg once I get it set up. What reg is that and what pressure are you running? Is there enough volumized air behind the ball to go low pressure?
ladysmanfelpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
With any of the frames I've tried, the auto trigger still works. The grip frame is just slapped onto the trigger frame really.

Cocker regs (ie. ones that can output ~800psi) have worked for me. Plus, they're dirt cheap if you buy the older "adjust on the inside" types.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

K sounds good. I don't want to sink a ton of money into this guy, just have a smooth shooting old pump. So If I buy the bottle out the back set up in the link I included would I have any problems dropping my current valve assembly in it?
ladysmanfelpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
XYZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysmanfelpz View Post
Ya it's the one screw grip and came off easily. So ya it looks like that phantom 45 or any ar grip should fit, but like jaan said it's my plastic frame that is cracking. Does one from a compact or old spyder fit? Is the auto trigger still functional?
Sorry, I meant the 45 grip cracked. My frame is aluminum...not sure if a Spyder one will fit. My guess is probably.

Quote:
And I also want to do a reg once I get it set up. What reg is that and what pressure are you running? Is there enough volumized air behind the ball to go low pressure?
It's an Air America Black Ice uni-reg. I probably got it for nothing because someone at some point bashed it up with a pair of vice grips. I don't remember the pressure...I actually can't remember the exact procedure I used to sweet spot it. It takes nelson based springs and also have a velocity adjuster in the bolt and I do remember taking it apart and changing around springs until I got it just right. Sorry can't be more help.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman