mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-15-2014, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Help with old hammer please!!! Frames

K not getting any help on pbnation. Is there any possibility of getting a different frame on here as I want to go bottomline and the plastic frame is killing me?

I have the straight out the back 12 gram set up but heard the angled bottle out the back addition (replaces black piece at back) can help fit certain trigger frames. Kingman Spyder Hammer A P Pump Gun Replacement Rear ASA Tank Changer Adapter | eBay
I modded this marker and have it shooting smooth but if I can't run a bottomline set up then prolly gonna have to let it go
ladysmanfelpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
ur my sister

Only real option would be to shop around for another hammer with metal frame. Not sure of other brand frames that will match up.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

Does the grip frame come off the plastic framed hammers? Is there a bolt that holds the grip onto the trigger frame? If so, you can track down a lonestar bottomline adapter.
pghp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Marksman

I know that the older spyders that have the same grip have a bottomline mount. If you could one find those frames and switch grips I believe you'll get the desired effect.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Marksman

Here's a pic Name:  IMG00097-20110201-1643.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  272.1 KB
Old 01-15-2014, 10:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
Looks like the one he has is the style with the storage door on the bottom, so he would need a whole new lonestar grip to make it work. The adapter doesn't like to fit into that type very well.

Ganon's Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
ur my sister

If you're fine with the plastic trigger frame, you can get a CCI 45 grip that will fit and give you bottomline capabilities. Ran one on mine forever.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Does anyone know for certain whether a Hammer's rear valvebody is standard Nelson size? That would open up a number of options.

Nelson back bottle valves in various styles

Bacci has a number of grip frames available too, though again I'm not sure of the issues of building a FrankenNelson with Hammer parts.

Nelson based grip frames, WGP, 007, Lapco, Wintec, Line SI

I'm surprised Fubarius hasn't popped into this thread yet.
He ran a gun for a number of years set up like you're talking about.

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Yeah, I have no love for those plastic frames. I also thought the powerfeed on some of the models was pretty dumb so the one hammer I kept is a hybrid. Right feed body and a metal grip frame from a different model. Switched the grip to a 45 block.

As stated above, IF that grip comes off via a screw through the bottom then you have some options. One would be a 45 grip block and another would be a eurogrip with a bottomline adapter. The 86 pictured above is pretty nice looking but the grip is probably worth twice what the gun is. :\ I don't think the spyder frame inserts actually work on those frames.... without modification at least.

The only other frame I know of that might be compatible would possibly be from the Diablo type guns. I *believe* the screw spacing was the same.

I'm not aware of any other nelson valve bodies that fit the hammer.... or any components of the valve train at all. The setup pictured above is basically what I have but with an 45 grip block and on/off. If you want to do something similar you'd need the CA valve you linked to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
It has been a few years back when I did my upgrading on mine, but I did replace the power tube and some other internals with Nelson parts from bacci, so if you go looking for parts he may have what you need. I have a new hammer with the power feed and a hollow gripped plastic frame, which is completely worthless, but the gun shoots very well nonetheless. I will eventually switch out frames for a nicer metal frame to make it feel a little more solid. The safety is even plastic on mine and serves no purpose whatsoever since if you pull the trigger with the safety engaged it just pops it back to fire.

If you do start looking for bottom line adapters for plastic lonestar grips and can't find them elsewhere I have a couple of parts in a spyder lot you might be interested in. I am hoping to sell it all as one box but if I don't get any interest I will start parting. If I do, and you still need those parts, let me know and you will be the first on the list for anything you see that you might need.

Ganon's Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman