mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

DAM'd Hammer 7 (walk through)

I would like to present the DAM'd Hammer 7.

Now that I'm building the second Dam'd Hammer 7 I will provide a walk through along the way. I probably wont be providing much for measurements, but I will show placement so you can get an idea of where things are going and how they are being connected.

Start by fully disassembling your Hammer 7, next you need to mill off the front frame mounting hole so that the magazine can sit flat against the body.
I milled mine 7/8" in from the edge of where the standard magazine fits. You also need to mill some of the ridge behind the standard magazine location. Mine is 5/16" in from the edge.

Do not mill any deeper than shown in the picture, the body will become too thin. You will notice in the next picture there is a slight gap between the magazine and body. That is what you want, it wont be visible once the new magwell is mounted.

You should now be able to line your magazine up with the bottom breech opening and it should look something like this. Just make sure that the magazine opening isn't blocked at all by the breech opening.

Now, since you removed your front frame mount you need another way to secure it to the body. I drilled a hole in the frame just under the "A" in "HAMMER" that goes through the channel in the bottom of the body. I then tapped the body to use 10-32 screws to hold the frame tightly. Drill the hole in the frame slightly bigger so that screw can slide through and screw into the body channel. Just make sure your screws don't come out the other side of the channel.

I added a 10-32 nut into each side of the frame and filled it in with epoxy to beef it up a little bit and to prevent the sides of the frame from being pushed in when assembled. When you do this it is best to have the frame separate from the body. Thread the screw into the frame and nut until it is tight against the inside wall of the frame, then fill with epoxy. this will insure that the mount is straight.

Next, you need to cut your frame and trigger guard down as shown. It also needs to be sanded and have the corners rounded to fit with the magwell.

At this point you will want to drill holes at the front of the frame and epoxy nuts inside to provide a mount for the rear of the magwell.

Now that you have your mount for the back of the magwell you will need to mount the front also. You want to drill farther back than your pump handle rod threads in to avoid problems later. Then thread the hole. I used 10-32 for everything on this gun.

Then trim the supports in the back of the magwell to allow the frame to sit flush against the wall where the mag goes.

Just so you have an idea this is roughly where you will want to trim the magwell.

Now that you have a place to mount the front and back of your magwell, carefully measure before drilling the magwell to make sure your holes line up correctly with your mounts. Once you have the magwell mounted ,cut the front of the magwell off flush with the front of the gun and then cut the stock mounting holes off at the back. Next you will want to trim the top of the magwell down so that it clears the pump arm. Should look something like this when done.

Thats it more or less, now you can reassemble your gun and make adjustments if needed.

Final Assembly:

Shooting Video:
http://youtu.be/f6OuVeyGZOg

Last edited by aggroman; 07-19-2016 at 01:07 AM.
aggroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
A_V

Very interesting, I'll have to check back in here to see the update with the walk through and whatnot. Looks good man.
A_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jam

But... Why?
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Now in 3D!

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam View Post
But... Why?
Mags are cheaper and hold more.....that was pretty much my motivation
Old 02-19-2014, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_controller View Post
Mags are cheaper and hold more.....that was pretty much my motivation

Ah 10-4. Makes sense
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam View Post
But... Why?
Why not?! Lol. I like doing these types of things and this way you can carry fewer mags.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Very cool idea,I really like the DAM mags,they fit in a standard podpacks
Much cheaper,better quality mags.Now you can add the DAM boxmag if it gets released too
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Lol the magazine now is bigger than the entire gun. The box mag would be ridiculous on this! Lol
Old 02-20-2014, 12:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Now in 3D!

Brass and Wood Fan
The box mag would be pretty sweet. It would just about eliminate the need to rotate the barrel. I would totally rock it.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Which mag is that the 10 or 20 mag?
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman