mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

MR5 Barrel Adapter

The stock barrel sucks, I finally got to use my MR5 in the field (after a year of owning it), and was not impressed at all, gave it to a friend and he hated it too. We both went back to using our other guns for the rest of the game. New barrel would probably go a long way in helping with the accuracy.

Is there still no MR5 to regular barrel adapters out there? I came across an MRX one, which could probably work on the MR5.

I sent an email to Python Paintball to make one, I have their automag adapter which is the same concept as the MRX/MR5, converts twistlock to threaded barrels. I would suggest you guys reach out to them too, with enough interest they will hopefully make one (preferably with cocker threads !)
CovertRssian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

I emailed Jim Lange about the MRX one, looks like it should fit on the MR5 too, thus ordered the FS ready one. Will post results as soon as I can test it .
Old 06-17-2014, 12:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Here are the pictures of the adapter, they cost $50 and can be obtained here. I haven't fired through it yet, gotta find some air first.

I thought it looked familiar, after talking to Jim he confirmed that he made the MR5 adapter from stock barrels. Quality is top notch.

Testing with J&J barrel

Shroud fits fine over J&J, I also got an empire barrel system, shroud doesn't like that one sadly.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Took these measurements for another thread, but figured I would post here for reference:

Here are some tip to measurements
Stock barrel is 12
JJ 12" Spyder Barrel: 11.75"
JJ 12" Spyder Barrel w/Adapter: 13.20"

But consider that the window that the paintball sit's in doesn't really count for acceleration, thus it's technically about 12.5" usable.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman