mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Kingman (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/kingman/)
-   -   Victor II pistol conversion help (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/kingman/28120-victor-ii-pistol-conversion-help.html)

Phantom Flanker 12-16-2007 08:41 PM

Victor II pistol conversion help
 
Well i got a victor II of a friend for 15$ today and im planning to convert it into a pistol.

But i need some help before i can go forward.

First of all how do you adjust the velocity? I feel like an idiot but i just cant seem to figure it out.

Secondly it there anyway to change the piece of the gun the t would attach to the reg but just attaches to the braided steel cable and the grip.

im planning to convert it so i can hardline it to a 12 gram changer welded onto the side. Then im gonna get a spring feed loader and put it on the top. Then replace the grip frame with a 45 single trigger frame and anno it :)

its a little expensive for a 15$ gun i know but hopefully i can pick up cheap stuff in big "yard sales" .

If you can help of give me any suggestions id appreciate it.

Thanks

Titus 12-16-2007 11:22 PM

1. Velocity is in the back on the silver piece that holds all the internals in, you'll see a set screw, turning it in, adds more power, and so on.

2. What are you talking about? I'm trying to understand what you've written, but can't make any sense of it. There is no reg that comes stock on a victor II. There is a gas thru grip, which is hollow in which the steel braid attaches itself to. Which then goes into the asa where your tank screws in. Please clarify.

What it sounds like is you're trying to make it out to be a PT Xtreme or something along those lines. They're pretty much built the same, minus the 12 gram and valve size.

Spyders once came stock with single triggers, so finding one will be a little tricky, but not to hard.

Ir0nExpress 12-17-2007 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom Flanker (Post 267715)

Secondly it there anyway to change the piece of the gun the t would attach to the reg but just attaches to the braided steel cable and the grip.

Real Action Paintball Spyder Vertical Air Adapter at xpaintball.com:Paintball

Check It Products 15 Assault Block | Paintball Review | pbreview.com

There's stock ones too from other spyders, this one is just a fancier aftermarket.

My idea: Get one of those Vertical AIR blocks, plug the ASA, tap the side with a 1/8 NPT port, place fitting, run whatever air setup you wish with 12 grams.

Phantom Flanker 12-17-2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress (Post 267920)
Real Action Paintball Spyder Vertical Air Adapter at xpaintball.com:Paintball

Check It Products 15 Assault Block | Paintball Review | pbreview.com

There's stock ones too from other spyders, this one is just a fancier aftermarket.

My idea: Get one of those Vertical AIR blocks, plug the ASA, tap the side with a 1/8 NPT port, place fitting, run whatever air setup you wish with 12 grams.

thats exavtly what I meant!

Thanks i thing im going to get the second one and do exactly as you said.

I'll update as i progress.

I'm putting the parts in the oven as we speak.

Railgun 12-18-2007 02:12 AM

What about something like this 12gm setup that I'm going to try some day soon....

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/12/3370235229.jpgclicky to make biggy.

Yes it's a little odd being a power feed but the angle actually lends itself to loading the 10 round tubes into. The grey PVC adapter was made from some plastic conduit and I'll likely make a new black one before I go nuts with it.

The real key is the vertical adapter and 12gm holder that makes it easier to change out the CO2 cartidges easily. It's out where I can screw it on and off easily and that's a big concern when you only get around 20 good shots with a 12.

Phantom Flanker 12-18-2007 03:58 PM

yeah but im going to pit mine on the side so i don't have a fore grip..

where did you get that adapter??

Railgun 12-18-2007 07:56 PM

The 12 gram holder is the Brass Eagle one. I got it from the local store's clearance table.

But the CCI Phantom changers are a LOT nicer. But you'll need some sort of ASA threading to mount it to. Also you'll want the knurled end of the changer fully exposed or it'll make unscrewing and screwing it back on a nightmare.

One option is if you can find one of the solid end plugs and then drill and tap it for 1/8 NPT and then screw in a mini cocker ASA adapter then it'll hold the changer horizontal for you.

For myself I prefer the vertical positioning as it ensures no liquid in the valve area and very easy and fast access for reloading the next 12. But there's no doubt that a horizontal adapter would look a lot nicer.

Ooooooo.... a plug that accepts an autococker vertical adapter would be SUPERB! No little and weak 1/8 NPT stub. GREAT! Now I have a NEW project....

You get us two vertical adapters and I'll make up the plugs to adapt them to the front of your spyder and trade you an adapter for a plug. While you're shopping get a CCI 12 holder. If it's for a semi then you'll want the tubes to be held vertically so they feed.

Phantom Flanker 12-18-2007 08:40 PM

sounds sweet but i gotta say, that im a bit confused.

what do you mean exactly be 2 vertical adapters?
i think your spyder if different from mine. mine has a piece like this.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1464/#

Is that what you mean by adapter??

So if I'm getting yo then you want one of those that only has a vertical hole no horizontal hole?

ahh i get it so you could plug it and put an asa below it. then the changer would be horizontal and like an inch below the barrel.

Good idea my friend.
I'll get on that asap

PDJ 12-19-2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom Flanker (Post 267715)
Well i got a victor II of a friend for 15$ today and im planning to convert it into a pistol.

What do you mean by pistol? (All the goods (co2/paint) on the gun, get rid of/shorten the barrel, make it a pump, etc.?)

It seems Victor II's are pretty good "donors" (Working on a home pump conversion myself).
If you're aiming at a pump pistol, you need to mod the valve to improve co2 economy.
If you haven't checked it out yet OtterSC has lot's of useful info for Spyders (diagrams/pics/etc.)

Good luck with the project.
Cheers,
PDJ

Phantom Flanker 12-19-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDJ (Post 269682)
What do you mean by pistol? (All the goods (co2/paint) on the gun, get rid of/shorten the barrel, make it a pump, etc.?)

It seems Victor II's are pretty good "donors" (Working on a home pump conversion myself).
If you're aiming at a pump pistol, you need to mod the valve to improve co2 economy.
If you haven't checked it out yet OtterSC has lot's of useful info for Spyders (diagrams/pics/etc.)

Good luck with the project.
Cheers,
PDJ

its not going to be a pump but it will have no front grip and a 12g changer and a 12 round spring pressured tube on top ( like a phantom tube)

Thanks for the link, i'm going to check it out now.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC