mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Kingman (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/kingman/)
-   -   My spyder pistol....so far (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/kingman/32393-my-spyder-pistol-so-far.html)

GanonsGrin 02-10-2008 10:20 PM

My spyder pistol....so far

Ok, so here's what i've done so far with my spyder pistol. I was going for a sort of extended mag lookin pistol setup. I've still got some work to do. I'm gonna run macroline from inside the grip, underneath the trigger like a trigger guard setup, and then into a straight macro fitting set in a 45 degree regular air fitting. The trigger is gonna be smoothed down and then repainted. It's gonna be rear cocking with a cocker cocking rod just as soon as i can get my hands on a few more. I need to find another screw for the trigger frame in the front. Then i gotta either make some nice handgrips to wrap around the 12 gram or shave out the plastic grips for it. I'm gonna see how the barrel adaptor works for now as a barrel. It works as a cannonizer on my other spyder if i just run it alone. I'm also gonna close off the bolt on the side when i get the rear cocking rod done. For the feed system, i'm either gonna weld a brass tube on the top or set something up with pvc that I can switch out. I think that's about it for now. I'll post more when i get done. So whatcha think people?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h.../MySpydarm.jpg

Railgun 02-11-2008 11:42 PM

Resourceful for sure.

The macro line is going to double at the trigger guard? If so I'd suggest you trim off the forward finger of the old guard and make up a beefy but still thin forward guard section that is held in place by the forward frame screw that the macro line zip ties onto to help guide and support the line. a little more. And a 45 adapter that fits into the body and that the other macro fitting screws into would result in less bending for the macro line.

I'd also enjoy seeing some pictures of the bucket changer fitting up into the frame. Like, take off the grip and let us see the works! ! ! ! :D

I recently found a 9 inch barrel. But the other way to go would be a CP or similar two piece back with a small vented or plain short screw in end so you have a 4 inch barrel. Possibly cut from a ratty looking front on a lathe.

GanonsGrin 02-12-2008 09:32 AM

Yeah, i'll get pics of the inside of the grip up hopefully tonight, no later than tomorrow. As of now, i still have to do some dremel work to it. I changed the idea from what I did have. I was originally using an old adaptor that changed it from needing an air line to a vertical bottle feed, but then i got imaginative and took an old bottom line and i'm cutting down the top of it to fit inside the grip. I've still gotta cut a groove into the top of it so it will wrap around the grip screw holes and then sand it all smooth. The 45 degree air fitting running into the macro fitting will definitely cut down on the macroline bend. Also, i'm thinking now that I may try and cast an acrylic trigger guard that will sit underneath the front frame screw and have a guideline for the macroline carved into it, kinda like a tunnel underneath the guard that hides and shileds the macroline. That will have to be at a later time though because that one will be a lengthy process(sculpting, molding, and casting), and seeing as how i'm finishing up my last semester to get the hell outta college, i don't have much free time.
I'm planning on working on the grip some more tonight though, so if I do get the rough cuts done for that i'll post it tonight. My only concern at this time is how i'm gonna get the 12 gram changer to fit securely into the grip. If I go with carved wooden grips, then that will help, but I just don't want there to be a chance of it falling out. Of course I could always get a metal grip frame in the future and just weld the bottline adaptor to it. That way I could still take off the 12 gram changer if I ever wanted to run it on something else. Hmmmm....the ideas just keep flowing.
Thanks for the input railgun!:D

Railgun 02-12-2008 05:45 PM

Make it a U channel shape where the macro line just presses into the groove. A slight curve inwards will pinch it in place. And go for black UHMW PVC. It's a trifle more forgiving than any of the castable resins when it comes to shattering from a hit. But the downside is that it requires more work to carve it.

Mayvik 02-12-2008 07:09 PM

JCS makes (or made) a 5.5" barrel that's nice for subbie/pistol size Spyders, I've got one on my compactified Piranha.

GanonsGrin 02-12-2008 07:40 PM

I use casting resin for the stuff I build. It's like a solid chunk of acrylic once it's done. Super Tough! I like the channel idea too. Good stuff there.

super-cameron 02-12-2008 07:44 PM

The barrel adapter makes it nice and loud. Or I could always hack down a stock barrel for you.

BrokeBaller 02-13-2008 01:07 PM

Have you even tried shooting a spyder with a 12 gram??? I am not sure the efficancy you will get out of it. especially on an older spyder llike that it might take a lot of air to move all of those heavy parts

pinkanese 02-13-2008 04:24 PM

I'll bet it has better effeciency than the newere guns (not VS series). Looks pretty cool, I doubt you will even get a shot off with jsut the Lapco adapter on there. Last I heard people got like 15-20 shots off a 12g. Good Luck, I have seen many of these atempted.

GanonsGrin 02-13-2008 05:29 PM

I've run my imagine and my compact 2000 off of 12 grams in some shootouts before, they don't do too bad. I take care of my guns, so they stay in good order. I've got some weak springs in there at the moment, plus i'm gonna polish the internals and maybe throw a check valve on it to get the most out of it. I'll let ya know what it gets off a 12g once it's done.