mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-22-2008, 12:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

If it still leaks with the marker cocked then it's most likely the cupseal.
Failing that it could be the front valve o-ring.
The MR-1 is pre-VS series so you should be able to replace the valve o-ring with a bottle o-ring. The marker probably came with a spare cup-seal too.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

It continues leaking when I closed the remote on the tank. It takes about 3-5 minutes for the marker to leak the rest of its air. I will lube it up and shoot.

How is the marker able leaking through the barrel when the marker is cocked? The bolt is in front of the hole now isnt it?
NLMark1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Pictures of the seal.

I tried lubing it up... no improvement on the air leakage through the barrel.

I forgot to say the following:
During reassembly I found a big black rubber ring that I couldn't place in the schematic. I guessed it is the striker buffer.
Attached Images

Last edited by NLMark1983; 04-22-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLMark1983 View Post
It continues leaking when I closed the remote on the tank. It takes about 3-5 minutes for the marker to leak the rest of its air. I will lube it up and shoot.

How is the marker able leaking through the barrel when the marker is cocked? The bolt is in front of the hole now isnt it?
Stock Spyder bolts don't have an o-ring on the tip so the air leaks out around the bolt.

Given that it takes a few minutes for the air in the marker to leak out then the leak is pretty slow, probably not something you would be able to see with the naked eye.

The Spyder is pretty simple, there isn't much that can cause a barrel leak. As we've said it's either the cupseal or the front o-ring on the valve.

Your friend should have gotten a little baggy of spare parts with the marker that should have both a new cup-seal and o-ring for the front of the valve (which is just a bottle o-ring I believe). Replace one, if the problem isn't solved replace the other.
If your friend doesn't have the parts both the Spyder cupseal and the o-ring should be available at any paintball pro-shop.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

He has no spareparts since he bought the marker 2nd hand. We are going to buy some new parts.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman