mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-17-2008, 02:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Bolt Jamming Issue on the Spyder MR1

Alright, well. My uncle owns an MR-1 with an E-frame. He has an electronic hopper. The E-frame did NOT come with the MR-1. We bought a regular MR-1 and then later bought a standard Spyder E-frame for it.

The thing jams. However, it will only jam when he's firing quickly. The bolt will sometimes break paint, and sometimes it will not break paint when it jams. We've taken the thing apart and cleaned it and reassembled it numerous times, and it won't fix the problem. As long as my uncle doesn't shoot too fast, the jamming problem does not exist...

I've dealt with Spyders for a long time, but this one has me stumped. I was thinking that maybe I should get a delrin bolt from Alamo Paintball... It could be the bolt that is causing the issue. The bolt is NOT anti-chop. It is a stock aluminum bolt.

So. What can I do..?
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Omegara Send a message via MSN to Omegara Send a message via Yahoo to Omegara

Well it could possibly be the bolt. But it could be the striker. I am not positive, but the strikers on mechs and the strikers on electros are slightly different. But I think that would only make it so the sear doesn't catch right. Yeah try a lighter delrin bolt (remember don't oil it) and throughly clean the gun out. The new bolt should come with o-rings (get a 2 o-ring bolt) so jsu put 1 drop of oil on the o-ring and rub it with you finger. Don't want a lot of oil on there. If all else fails get a faster hopper.
Omegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegara View Post
Well it could possibly be the bolt. But it could be the striker. I am not positive, but the strikers on mechs and the strikers on electros are slightly different. But I think that would only make it so the sear doesn't catch right. Yeah try a lighter delrin bolt (remember don't oil it) and throughly clean the gun out. The new bolt should come with o-rings (get a 2 o-ring bolt) so jsu put 1 drop of oil on the o-ring and rub it with you finger. Don't want a lot of oil on there. If all else fails get a faster hopper.
The striker is the same. We tried giving it the striker that came with the E-frame, but it made no difference. We will buy a new bolt for it.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

What's happening is when the gun is being shot really fast the bolt will catch and break a paintball or pinch it. A piece of shell from the paintball will sometime wedge itself betwen the receiver and bolt causing it to jam.

Unfortunately there are no ACS bolt that is compatible with the MR1 but if you use a loader that can feed the paintballs faster than the rate of fire the gun then it should reduce the chances of this from happening.
Papa Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

i would just get out of the mr-1 model totally it tends to be the problem marker out the the bunch
spyderrodeo030 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman