mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-12-2006, 03:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Anyone see those new Spyders?!

They have that curvy trigger kinda like some of the higher end pb markers have and eyes. And the eyes don't look freaking ugly like on the evo (they stick out waaay too much... I held this gun at my local shop and to be honest, it looks like the best spyder ever made. The trigger pull feels CRAZY NICE. Its still a blowback though, but I read a little about em and they supposedly have a special low pressure valve as well and it runs on 200 psi and utilizes a lighter striker and lighter springs... Sweetness. Anyone get a chance to test fire one of these yet? I wanna know how they perform. kinda a steep price though, 200-250ish....although thats about the price of an ion, but some would not pay that for a blowback....unless of course their new LP valve is really revolutionary technology...

Last edited by FeedTheDogg; 10-12-2006 at 03:43 AM.
FeedTheDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Is it still a blowback? Can't they get with the program and get to the blow forward era already. Seems like Tom Kaye showed how lovely a good design can be 20 yrs ago and Kingman is determined to plug away making the same old thing newer and "better". I don't know though I have only read about them and seen pictures. (I think I will buy one used after the christmas glut next spring). If they can do what kingman says they can they ion will get a run for thier money.
matteusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
This would be the VS series.It's supposed to be their Ion killer.Basically it's a Lower pressure Spyder from what I've been able to find out.For those in my area that want to check them out Boston Paintball has them
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

Kingmann's quality seems to be picking up recently...
The MR series (1&2, havent tried out the 3 yet) seems to be well built, and provides a good amount of bang vs. buck.

That being said... I will never buy a Spyder!

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier_Bill View Post
Kingmann's quality seems to be picking up recently...
The MR series (1&2, havent tried out the 3 yet) seems to be well built, and provides a good amount of bang vs. buck.

That being said... I will never buy a Spyder!
the MR1 is a very nice gon for 100$. you can beat the hell out of it and itll just beg for more.
Empire reloader
Dye stickies
98 custom
cutom milling, paint job, trigger, internal mods
large drop
12" dye excel
Thi3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

I liked the MR series, always a great selling at my shop, and it outsold the Tippmann 98s too. The only thing I wish they would have done is allow it to accept the rocking trigger.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
I tried out an Mr1 on the reball range they had set up at NPPL Boston. I can tell you honestly the only reason I was missing the bulls eye was because I was missing the bullseye. They are great little guns. Though I wound up using the nitro tank on it as a stock rather than it's shoulder stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to druid

these are what you are talking about...

http://www.spyder.tv/section/product...ies/index.html

I got the chance to shoot the VS2 and I have to say...I'm pretty impressed with it. When Kingman announced it's "pending release" ::cough almost 2 years ago cough::....I poo-pooh'ed the idea back then, thinking along the same lines as some of you..."another" blowback...hooray :dodgy: ....

When I remember back to my Esprit...and Sonix...and 2 Xtras...and 3 Imagines - half of which I converted to LP with tons of mods and upgrades - I remember them feeling heavier than the VS feels. Actually, the VS2 a lot like my Stage 5'd Ion...which is purty darned light if you ask me...and I can rock a trigger. The VS is very maneuverable and the new trigger design (much like a Syth) is a huge improvement over older stock triggers...or even sweetspots. Recoil is pretty light as well but the stock barrel is...well...a stock barrel. Mate this marker up with a Freak or other kit and you will have a fine running, LP machine. True that it's still a blow back, but many of us modded the crap out of ours anyway. It only made sense that Kingman do the same thing and market it.

I say try it...give it 1/2 a chance.
druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Hell, I modded my son's e-Rebel to run at ~ 250 psi. Quieted it up tremendously and the usual blowback kick seems diminished. It's possible to get a cheap blowback to shoot very nicely so I wouldn't dismiss these, given that Kingmann has a ton of money and has been making them for years.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
I've porked many

The blowbacks are probably cheaper due to the huge amount being made. Spyders are generally pretty reliable if they are cleaned up after use. I think they get a bad rap from the masses, due to many of the users not taking proper care of them. If someone would keep it clean and use a little bit of lube from time to time, they would get better service from them. My brothers shop sells the hell out of Spyders, while the Tippmans just sit and collect dust. He hasn`t sold the first 98 even though his prices are comparable to Walmart. The Spyder refurbs get sold fast enough that he can`t keep them in stock. The new Spyders are selling well also. He sold three of them over the last two days.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman