mcarterbrown.com

Old 09-10-2008, 04:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Spyder compatibility

Are the valves of the newer electro spyders compatible with say a TL+ or Spyder SE? I was thinking It'd be kind of cool to put together a somewhat oldschool looking spyder with a newer style valve and electronic grip frame. It'd be cool to see something like that at the Spyder cup
FeedTheDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Are you talking about the "synergy" balanced valve or whatever it's called in the RS, VS series, and the 08s? I believe the answer is no, they are slightly different. It definitely won't work if you use a "fatty" body (original side cocking Spyders, Bob Long Millenium, etc), all the new markers are "slim". Asking on the PBN Kingmann page will get you a sure answer though.

The "traditional" Spyder valves really aren't a problem if you want to build an uber Spyder. NDZ makes a higher flowing valve that works well, you can still find Magnaports and Rocket valves around as well. Just need to find a happy balance in pressure and springing, and even old body Spyders will rip out 13bps with an electro frame.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
At least one person that I know of has a balanced valve in his MR1, which is just a classic Spyder with fancy mil-sim looks, so it shouldn't be a problem. The biggest thing would be springing it correctly, since the balanced valve is so much longer, the valve spring would be completely different.
Critical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

The valve in the 08 Pilot and Electra is compatible with the older Spyders as a drop in part.

The balance valve will require some modification and a change to a shorter striker to work.
Papa Juan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman