mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
hello , my name is fattie

Send a message via AIM to Fattie

Got some questions about spyders.

i recently bought my gf a low pressure spyder rodeo. heres the marker setup.

spyder rodeo, drilled out stock valve , bob long torpedo reg set at about 400, delrin bolt. the gun shoots like crap with co2 so i decided to switch out some of the lp stuff with a gas thru and possibly stock valve out of either my victor or imagine. but i put the gas thru on the gun with drilled valve and it seemed to fire fine.

i dont have a chrono and the closest one to me is 2 hours away so thats a no. but i was wondering if it would be fine to use the gun with drilled valve or should i put a regualr one in. thanks
Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

The drilled valve should be fine. I would think It'll just be a bit harder to get the velocity down since you'll have a slightly higher flow to the paintball. You might have to change the spring combination since you don't have a regulator on there.

Was the reg and modded valve the only LP mods done to it? If so it might be shooting badly since it was about half done. Was the VA modded or aftermarket? An aftermarket bolt? Modded striker? This just sounds interesting.
two_four_878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

In my experience doing low pressure mods to a spyder will work best if you're running hpa. The low pressure mods ability to function is also going to be complicated by the cold weather if you're playing outside. When I drilled the valve on mine I ended up having to cut the main spring about 3/8" because I went from shooting 280 fps to 350 fps and could not bring it even close to 300 with the rva. So, my guess is you're going to be shooting very hot unless you change the valve also.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

I would do yourself a favor and buy a handheld Chronograph as soon as you get a chance....Dont take for granted that the velocity is set right. I know a 2 hour drive is a long way to chrony a gun......

Here is a link to one for $70, they work great and will pay for itself after a few games Link Here

Its great for tuning equipment and makes everyone involved in a backyard game feel safer.

I would not condone using the gun until you chrony it. after the changes you have made, Like Nunrleft said...Low preasure mods on a spyder work best on HPA and that may very well have been the case on the marker you purchased....Make the change to c02 and it could be shooting hot.

God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilerman View Post
"Silence...I'll bunker you!"
Sic Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Hands down record holder for the largest purchase ever from BigMatt
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
hello , my name is fattie

Send a message via AIM to Fattie

yea i jsut switched it back to hp , problem solved.
Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman