mcarterbrown.com

Literature Books - What are you reading or writing? Share what you have also!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #361 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well in the past 2 weeks I have gone through the first 3 books of the Drizzt Series by R.A. Salvatore, the first book of the Iron Druid series, started Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson on my Kobo (saving the rest of that for my flight home), and just recently picked up Volume 1 of the War of the Spider Queen (more dark Elves from the Drizzt series), The Castle by Franz Kafka (felt I needed some kind of classic) and Forge of Darkness by Steven Erikson.

And I also brought Phantom by Terry Goodkind with me, I really should finish that up soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #362 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Stephen Colbert's America Again, Rebecoming The Greatness, we never weren't.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #363 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
Just bought the first of the Dresden Files books...we'll see how good they are I guess.
And today I emerge from my Dresdencrack induced coma, having read the whole series...:X
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #364 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to mcgral18

I decided to read Battle Royale. It is considerably more graphic than the Hunger Games.

The only real similarities are the totalitarian government and young adults fighting each other. A very gripping story however. Less than 200 pages remaining, and I still don't know who will "win".

An AK will not be stopped by a ham sandwich.
mcgral18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #365 (permalink)
the dude abides

Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems by William E. Boyce and Richard C. DiPrima. 10th Edition.

Specifically Chapter 4.4 The Method of Variation of Parameters with Higher Order Ordinary Differential Equations.
davehome333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #366 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
And today I emerge from my Dresdencrack induced coma, having read the whole series...:X

One of us, one of us...

I finished The Shadow of the Torturer by Wolfe. I didn't enjoy it too much and won't be reading the sequels.

I started Master and Commander by O'Brian.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #367 (permalink)
Post Whore

just finished the second to last book of Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth. Now I need to wait till I get home in May to read Confessor...damnit.

It's been a good read, I'm going to be sad to see it come to an end. I think they could have made a much better tv show than they did out of the series. Especially now that its ended. Oh well.

Good news also my friend got his Volume 2 of the Drizzt books so I have 3 more to plow through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #368 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Haven't read an actual book in at least over a year. Just bought, The Art of War (been wanting to read this forever), The Inferno (Dante's Inferno), and The Demonologist (some fiction book that was currently a bestseller in fiction, so why not).

Been reading The Art of War. Not sure which book I'll move onto after. They're very similar (both about adventuring into hell), but one is very old and the other new.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #369 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Kurt Vonnegut's Palm Sunday. Like a portfolio of a bunch of essays and letters he has written to/for people.

My copy has a lot of sentimental value to me... My history teacher, probably one of my favorite teachers I will ever have and one that inspired me to actually give a s**t about learning, left the school to make a home for his family and his new baby back in New Jersey where he was from. He came into my class one the day he left and dropped a big block wrapped in red butcher paper on my desk, patted me on the back, smiled at me, then left.

I have an insane love for Kurt Vonnegut. He was the author that kickstarted my love for literature and writing. I opened up the paper and saw 2 obviously old but well-kept books in there. Both with your typical kinda cloth & hard paperboard covers. One of them was from like 1956 and the other is from 1972. the Palm Sunday copy is a limited edition with Kurt Vonnegut's signature imprinted in like a "gold" trim on the cover.

Just a nice story I figured I'd share :0 I don't know many other 19 year olds who are as into old books and great authors (or even reading for that matter) as I am.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #370 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
finished up a feast for crows and now onto a dance with dragons last book (for now) in the A song of ice and fire series by George R. R. Martin

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Literature