mcarterbrown.com

Literature Books - What are you reading or writing? Share what you have also!

Old 01-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Wheel of Time Series

Rather than continue to derail the "currently reading" thread, I thought I'd start another one for the discussion of all things Wheel of Time related.

Books, characters, story lines, etc.

Here's a great link provided by Acesn8s:
http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I read them all again from the beginning at the start of summer and I found I didn't like them as much as I remembered. They started off great but after around book 4 the series started to really bog down with all the description and minor characters. If Jordan had spent less time describing clothing the characters were wearing or their hairstyles he could have actually finished the series years before he died. He painted a great picture with all his descriptions but there is nothing wrong with leaving something up to the reader's imagination.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I feel that the last few book of the series were quite a disappointment. The first book was great, then it was all down hill from there.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

I really enjoyed it up until around book 6 or 7 I think. After that I basically read the rest that were printed at the time simply because "well, I put this much effort into it. I may as well keep going to find out what happens."

Little did I know that at the time that Winter's Heart (Last published when I started the series) was closer to the middle of the series than it was to the end. I only have up to Crossroads of Twilight currently, and I'll likely reread the entire series after the final book gets published.

I really think I should start sticking to dead authors.
Luckless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Tried to read it a few times but just could not get into them.
comovartia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
It took me a few tries to get into them but once I finished book one the first time I was eager to jump into #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
I read them all again from the beginning at the start of summer and I found I didn't like them as much as I remembered. They started off great but after around book 4 the series started to really bog down with all the description and minor characters. If Jordan had spent less time describing clothing the characters were wearing or their hairstyles he could have actually finished the series years before he died. He painted a great picture with all his descriptions but there is nothing wrong with leaving something up to the reader's imagination.
I couldn't agree more.. I forced myself to make it to ten, but I couldn't go on...

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

I think I gave up after 8 or 9. It was 400 pages of character/plot development and then a big battle. In the end theplot line only moved about a year. It just dragged on. My proud moment was getting farther then my wife who started the series when it was supposed to be a trilogy.

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Fiance wants me to read it, and to reread it herself. She apparently got really into it years ago, and had the books full of tabs and notes to keep track of what was going on. But now can't remember where she is even at. Her biggest complaint though is that the author wrote some of the most badass women she has ever read, and then turned them all into domestic housewives.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Fiance wants me to read it, and to reread it herself. She apparently got really into it years ago, and had the books full of tabs and notes to keep track of what was going on. But now can't remember where she is even at. Her biggest complaint though is that the author wrote some of the most badass women she has ever read, and then turned them all into domestic housewives.
See I would argue that Jordan wrote some really cool women and men and made all the men into wussies to be controlled by the women. You know like real life.

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Literature