mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Living Legends 5 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/living-legends-5/)
-   -   How would you like to see ID tape worn? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/living-legends-5/195938-how-would-you-like-see-id-tape-worn.html)

Viper Paintball 03-16-2012 05:55 PM

How would you like to see ID tape worn?
 
Last year's format seemed very successful with the exception of the confusion caused by having both side and unit (gang) colors on the arms. There was a lot of discussion on this earlier and it was established that we would have red or blue survey tape on the goggle straps and gang (unit) color on the arm. However there has been more discussion on the subject as of late, so I wanted to get your opinions. If there are enough votes I will likely go with whatever the popular opinion is. However, if there are not enough votes for me to feel confident that it represents "the masses" I may choose a different route. SO vote away.

Lots of players have stated that one of the things that makes Living Legends so great is our willingness to listen to the players. This is another attempt to do just that, so please help us out and let us know what you think.

Please understand that most of the discussion has already taken place. I have choices listed...and they have been well-thought-out. I'm just looking for you guys to help me choose A or B. If something isn't listed as a choice it's because I have already ruled it out...so we can go over each of possibilities again here and I can keep ruling them out for you, or we can stay on task and make a decision so I can edit the rules and get them finalized.

So, please...A, B, or C....

richter 03-16-2012 06:14 PM

I wish you put tape on both arm for designated teams.
I had trouble finding who is enemy who was teammates. Specifically left boundary tape(in the woods) when tape is on the left arm.
Last year I was on red team with blue gang(might have been the other way around)
Please reserve colors for team tape only; never have a gang the same color as the opposing team's tape

that's my opinion and I voted:

Viper Paintball 03-16-2012 06:22 PM

We are still considering taping both arms if the red/blue tape is going to be on the arm

And last year the red side had a purple gang, but not a blue one.

The blue side had nothing that resembled red. It was light blue, yellow, and three shades of green.

But this is why we are separating the tape and putting one of the arm and one on the head. This should help alleviate the confusion we had last year. That one was a bad decision on my part, but I'm working hard to fix it this year. I may not always hit a home run, but I'll sure as hell always listen to input and try and improve. :)

Deuce 03-16-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richter (Post 2260389)
I wish you put tape on both arm for designated teams.
I had trouble finding who is enemy who was teammates.

Yep! Also, making it clear ahead of time that anyone caught without tape visible will be dealt with harshly.

Viper Paintball 03-16-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce (Post 2260443)
Yep! Also, making it clear ahead of time that anyone caught without tape visible will be dealt with harshly.

No id tape = judge punch

tymcneer 03-16-2012 07:52 PM

Though I will *NOT* be in attendance, I would like to bring up a small point.

Some of us are color blind. The red/blue team tapes are great, as they are at opposite ends of the color spectrum. Multiple shades of green/red or blue/purple become problematic for those with a red/green color deficency.

There are some tapes that are striped, usually diagonally, which would help with ready identification, and cause less of an issue with too many colors.

Just 2 cents, and good luck! I wish this event was in the cards for me... Maybe next year :(

Ty

Viper Paintball 03-16-2012 07:55 PM

I have severe color blindness in the green region. I chose colors I could differentiate between. ;)

dundadun 03-16-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymcneer (Post 2260510)
Though I will *NOT* be in attendance, I would like to bring up a small point.

Some of us are color blind.

Also not attending, but am partially color blind so I'm just going to throw this out as well.

Can't always tell the difference between these combo's:
bright yellow - bright green
darker blues - some purples
some reds - some pinks
some greens - some browns

If these were on different teams I could not tell the difference unless they were standing side by side.

I won't vote above since I can't make it, but I would say that the goggle identifying team would be the first thing to look at and should be larger.
Arms for units are secondary.

tymcneer 03-16-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper Paintball (Post 2260513)
I have severe color blindness in the green region. I chose colors I could differentiate between. ;)

Awesome!

Just remember each of us sees the colors slightly differently...

In my case, the red and green Skittles are *EXACTLY* the same color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dundadun (Post 2260525)
Also not attending, but am partially color blind so I'm just going to throw this out as well.

Can't always tell the difference between these combo's:
bright yellow - bright green
darker blues - some purples
some reds - some pinks
some greens - some browns

If these were on different teams I could not tell the difference unless they were standing side by side.

I won't vote above since I can't make it, but I would say that the goggle identifying team would be the first thing to look at and should be larger.
Arms for units are secondary.

I have a very similar set of color issues... They tell me it is related to red/green deficencies.

I to, did not vote, as I will not be there.

So long as there is a "standard" placement for team colors and unit colors, everything *should* work out.

Thank you for the consideration of those of us that can't see certain colors very well :)

Ty

Viper Paintball 03-16-2012 11:29 PM

Funny thing...I was adopted at birth...but my father who raised me was color blind as we...to the exact same colors! Bizarre!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC