mcarterbrown.com  

Living Legends 5 Living Legends at CPX - 2012

Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #31 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

There were several stoppages even during the main scenario... I never heard any details on what caused them or what the end result was/if everyone involved was ok, so I tend to assume no major injuries.... At least I hope so...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
There were several stoppages even during the main scenario... I never heard any details on what caused them or what the end result was/if everyone involved was ok, so I tend to assume no major injuries.... At least I hope so...
Some were for heat exhaustion I believe. One was for a ref that got some shell and paint in his eye.

Good refs... Right in the middle for us. I always try and say thank you to them.
google.com/+CarterBrown75
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

I had a great time! Flew from LAX to Chicago, got off the plane and the weather was the same as So Cal.
I took the subway to the train to the train station in Joliet. Took a taxi to a hotel and the guys at the front desk of the Red Red Roof told me that all the hotels were sold out for miles... So I went across the street to the Super 8 and got a room. Camped the rest of the time while eating cliff bars, and drinking soooo much water. At one point I thought I was gonna pass out so I downed like 2 more water bottles and felt much better. I think Repoman or Weekendballer said it was in the upper 90s?
I don't think I have ever downed as many water bottles as I did Saturday. Thanks to Makeshift and Crafty for supplying that case of water!

Probably the most fun I have had at a scenario but playing on the rippers did come at an expense. I could barely move Saturday morning after the pump games and times that by around 50 is how sore I was when I got home last night and then the fact I must have 100 welts covering me. I actually blended into the jaguar/leopard hats and neck cloth I was wearing.

So much fun and we did get to use our smgs (although I didn't use mine too effectively...).
I introduced myself to people that I came across and besides guys that were playing with us on the rippers I met up with Acid Paintball, Robinsucks, Chris Nathan, Grimace, Rage, Original Farside, Richter, Richter Power, Cocker Punk, Agent Smith, Ynda and another user who I had sold a Palmers Stabilizer to but I forgot his screen name. I think it started with a J? Who else did I forgot? Wish I would have met a few more people.

I also managed to use all four of the guns I brought which was pretty amazing. The Blazer, redux, smg-60, and houndstooth but it did take a few trip to and from the chrono to get my smg cycling under 280.

Big thanks to Viper, the refs (who did get right in there and check you as paint was flying everywhere!) and Weltman and of course Weekendballer for carting me around in his van. I do wish I had the chance to make some pancakes as a pay back but maybe next time. Also, thanks to Carter for taking a neat action sequence at the beginning at the final game with my camera.
bacci paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #34 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Jesus there were a lot of you guys there that I didn't manage to run into!

Met up with Grimace, BigBalla, Chris Nathan, AgentSmith, Midnight, briefly said hi to Weltman, but that was pretty much it, wound up too wrapped up in the command jibberjabber.

By now I'm sure everyone's heard about the drama involving the score- I'm not going to comment for now but I will say that there's more to the story and we're still working at figuring out exactly what the heck went down there.

Regardless of a win or loss and the ensuing reversal (which really sucked), I had a great time playing the game and inadvertently becoming the talk of the final battle of going right over the hyperpipe by the center flip stick.... I don't want to ruin an epic action shot by saying it was on accident, but it's the truth. Meant to just bump up against it to get what I thought was one or two guys who kept reaching up to flip the stick.... Found about 30 guys kneeling there, couldn't stop my own momentum, and went right the hell over it. Sorry to anyone I landed on!!!!
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #35 (permalink)

Buahahahahahaha
FEEDBACK
Old 05-23-2012, 01:02 AM   #36 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah!!!!! Too kool!
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:06 AM   #37 (permalink)

It needs some lettering that says "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" on it or something lol
FEEDBACK
Old 05-23-2012, 01:07 AM   #38 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Pistol was all like

Hey guys watch this!! Flies over bunker*

That's some funny ****.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:41 AM   #39 (permalink)
Damage Inc War Chief

In my mind, as soon as we were disbanded that was a LLV Rippers Win.

Good times and great to see my MCB friends on the field

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")...
RepomanGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepomanGene View Post
In my mind, as soon as we were disbanded that was a LLV Rippers Win.

Good times and great to see my MCB friends on the field
Damage Inc. certainly lived up to their reputation, I'll say that. We were really disappointed to lose you guys as a 3rd entity, since it seemed we were managing to work better with you than the Horde did. But alas, some people just can't seem to grasp the concept of a neutral party...
FEEDBACK

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games » Scenario and Big Game Archive » Living Legends 5