mcarterbrown.com

Living Legends 5 Living Legends at CPX - 2012

Old 05-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #41 (permalink)
DAMAGE!

Great to run with you Dan, you were a great fit.
And I loved the look on your tired face when we woke you up to see Gumballs.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #42 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Here is my recap-

Splitting up the TechPB teams was awesome. You take 400 seasoned, experienced killers and cut them in half, all hell broke loose on the field as I expected it would. In years past, it would take teams an hour+ to figure out who is pushing where (city, middle or tracks), this year the field was so dynamic, so fast, the scrimmage lines were jumping forward and backwards 100+ yards almost instantly. It was insane

As far as the New Empire, something happened with our communication at the spawn that just caused chaos. I'm not sure who/how the word was supposed to be spread, but all we heard all day Saturday was "Go to the city", which anyone knows is rocket fodder. Nothing happens in the city, no missions are run there, it's the worst place to go. But for some reason, all day Saturday, that's all we heard to go.

The Horde wanted it more, and it showed on the field both days.

The busses not running wore alot of people up, it added a half mile to the already long walks, and I know it tuckered alot of people out.

It's a shame that the Rippers weren't used as intended. Somehow between the idea of a third team, and what actually happened on gameday really went awry. Saturday night I was on the phone for over an hour, with players on both teams, trying to calm everyone down. Had I not calmed everyone down, I think Sunday would have been 1600 vs 30 because people on both sides were pretty pissed. Water under the bridge now

I was in really high spirits until I saw Borg's helmet, that just killed me emotionally. I was already missing my daughters, and when I saw that it just broke my heart. I talked to Borg pretty regularly on Skype and via email. We texted back in forth all the time, emailed back and forth weekly, his death really shook me and many others who knew him. I am happy that we were able to finally face the reality of what happened, have the moment of silence and we can all finally move on.

It was an awesome event, the luuuuuuuuuge was a great hit, it was fun to do some old school late 1990's party refreshments. Weltman requested some yager... we bought some and he never came up!

Always good to see Carter of course, and everyone else who came up and introduced themselves to me. This event has become such a fellowship event, I look forward to it every year.

Oh... and going OVER the hill and hitting the SWAT team truck off break during the dinner battle.... that was the craziest thing I've ever done in paintball.... EVER

mike.wmv - YouTube
Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
Here is my recap-

Splitting up the TechPB teams was awesome. You take 400 seasoned, experienced killers and cut them in half, all hell broke loose on the field as I expected it would. In years past, it would take teams an hour+ to figure out who is pushing where (city, middle or tracks), this year the field was so dynamic, so fast, the scrimmage lines were jumping forward and backwards 100+ yards almost instantly. It was insane

As far as the New Empire, something happened with our communication at the spawn that just caused chaos. I'm not sure who/how the word was supposed to be spread, but all we heard all day Saturday was "Go to the city", which anyone knows is rocket fodder. Nothing happens in the city, no missions are run there, it's the worst place to go. But for some reason, all day Saturday, that's all we heard to go.

The Horde wanted it more, and it showed on the field both days.

The busses not running wore alot of people up, it added a half mile to the already long walks, and I know it tuckered alot of people out.

It's a shame that the Rippers weren't used as intended. Somehow between the idea of a third team, and what actually happened on gameday really went awry. Saturday night I was on the phone for over an hour, with players on both teams, trying to calm everyone down. Had I not calmed everyone down, I think Sunday would have been 1600 vs 30 because people on both sides were pretty pissed. Water under the bridge now

I was in really high spirits until I saw Borg's helmet, that just killed me emotionally. I was already missing my daughters, and when I saw that it just broke my heart. I talked to Borg pretty regularly on Skype and via email. We texted back in forth all the time, emailed back and forth weekly, his death really shook me and many others who knew him. I am happy that we were able to finally face the reality of what happened, have the moment of silence and we can all finally move on.

It was an awesome event, the luuuuuuuuuge was a great hit, it was fun to do some old school late 1990's party refreshments. Weltman requested some yager... we bought some and he never came up!

Always good to see Carter of course, and everyone else who came up and introduced themselves to me. This event has become such a fellowship event, I look forward to it every year.

Oh... and going OVER the hill and hitting the SWAT team truck off break during the dinner battle.... that was the craziest thing I've ever done in paintball.... EVER

mike.wmv - YouTube

Wasn't hard to tell that you were pumped
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #44 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Yeah some major miscommunication on the alliance side. I had no clue what we were suppose to do and 90% of the team didn't as well. Most of the time in the field when someone asks what are we suppose to do the standard answer is I dont know and sadly I think this lead to our downfall.

Walking the 2 miles (yes a bit of an exaggeration but in that 90+ degree weather it sure felt long) to the missions was a pain in that hot weather, but it was and is still the most rememberable paintball game ive ever been too. It was a blast and if I return next year I will buy 3 cases and bring bigger toys.... copy clone of gumballs dual at10, which I am gathering all the parts this past 2 weeks.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games » Scenario and Big Game Archive » Living Legends 5