mcarterbrown.com  

Macdev Droid, Cyborg and other Macdev Products

Old 10-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
From A5 & X7 og.net

CCM Fan
MacDev Tactical Drone questions and concerns

I plan on getting a tactical drone. Obviously that is why I am putting this thread up.

Aiming without sight or reddot is sometimes hard, I use to be great at it with my first marker, the Pirahna R6. So I want a sight. I was waning to find a 45 degree offset to put it on. Any suggestions? The sights I want would either be the sight that Special Ops use to sell, Armson. Which I believe is like a reflex sight, you cant see.thru it.but pass it. Makes sense?

Feednecks, can I upgrade them or can I only get Macdevs clamping one? Is the design basically like the ego? Just trying to put some options out there.

Dropforwards, can we put one on it? and when I did I wanted a ASA with on/off capability and to purge air from gun. Any ideas? I was thinking a Oops asa or is it pops?

Lastly I was wanting a sling attachment. Something to come right off the back and maybe give me a handle when I grab the gun from rear of drive train.

Thanks guys
GhostLeader 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostLeader 101 View Post
Aiming without sight or reddot is sometimes hard, I use to be great at it with my first marker, the Pirahna R6. So I want a sight. I was waning to find a 45 degree offset to put it on. Any suggestions? The sights I want would either be the sight that Special Ops use to sell, Armson. Which I believe is like a reflex sight, you cant see.thru it.but pass it. Makes sense
While I would recommend working without a site, the site adapter you're talking about is available through BT. You'll probably have to mount it back so that it doesn't get in the way of the 90 degree rails up by the feedneck. There are plenty of sites out there that can be had reasonably cheap; I'm not the best guy to differentiate between those.

BT 45 Offset Picatinny Sight Rail

Quote:
Feednecks, can I upgrade them or can I only get Macdevs clamping one? Is the design basically like the ego? Just trying to put some options out there.
As far as I know, there are no replacement feednecks out there for the Tactical Drone, but it's a clamping feedneck, so there's really no need for one.

Quote:
Dropforwards, can we put one on it? and when I did I wanted a ASA with on/off capability and to purge air from gun. Any ideas? I was thinking a Oops asa or is it pops?
The tactical Drone comes with an on/off ASA with a centered fitting, so there's really no reason to upgrade it beyond personal preference. You can put a drop on it if you want to, and the ASA would need a rail to mount to.

Quote:
Lastly I was wanting a sling attachment. Something to come right off the back and maybe give me a handle when I grab the gun from rear of drive train.
There are no sling loops on the body, but I'm sure you could work something out to make one fit.

Hope this helps.

"To love is to protect. To protect is to never betray."
-Brandon Heat
SEKTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
From A5 & X7 og.net

CCM Fan
Thank you. But Armson sight isnt a see thru scope.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sweeper

Quote:
Thank you. But Armson sight isnt a see thru scope.

That's not really my area of expertise, but whatever you get should be able to mount on the picatinny rails on either the marker itself or that offset rail.

"To love is to protect. To protect is to never betray."
-Brandon Heat
SEKTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

if you have a red dot/ holographic sight you dont have to worry about the centre feed as you should be aiming with both eyes open.

Check this website out - it is very informative

Red Dot Sights / Reflex Sights & Holosights Explained

this is where i got this info which addresses your situation although they are talking about Washout:-

This may be a real issue in some cases, but it needn't. Washout occurs when aiming into a bright area, causing the reticle to become lost in the glare. A very bright reticle setting, as found in a high quality sight, is one solution to this problem. There are at least two others;
1. Close your front lens cover. Now you cannot see through the sight at all-- field of view = 0 Degrees (zero feet at 100 yards). With the front lens cover closed on a reflex sight, your aiming eye sees the glowing reticle against a black background, no matter what. Your other eye sees a largely unobstructed view of the world. Your brain can blend the two images, and assuming you have two useable eyes, you will see your aiming reticle against the target field under any lighting conditions. Enter the Occluded Eye Gunsight (O.E.G.). Close the front cover of your Aimpoint, for instance, and you have, effectively, an O.E.G..
phaedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
ant
Hell in a handbasket

Cp makes a clamping feedneck for mac dev markers, clone and droid will fit, dunno about cyborgs.
Stock asa is about the best you'll get, put someting else on there if you really feel the need, but its not necessary. Ebay has dozens if defferent sling mounts for weaver/picatinny rails

New Detachale 20mm Picatinny Rail Sling Swivel Mount | eBay

Same for the offset rail
45 DEGREE PICATINNY RAIL OFFSET SIDE RAIL MOUNT | eBay

Although, why you want a sight on a paintball marker is beyond me...but each to their own.

Drones are awesome markers, i've had mine for about two years and the only problems i've had has been as a result of my compulisive need to f**k with things. the stock barrel is so so, but thats the norm

When confused, when in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout
ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

The feedneck is clamping with a screw, you can use the dust black feedneck from the clone vx (40,-) if you want a lever.

Extra upgrades, that might be intresting:
Tactical Drone full rail shroud
Tactical Drone half rail shroud
Drone stock
Burning Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
From A5 & X7 og.net

CCM Fan
Thank guys for the reply! Still looking to get this after i make a sale.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crazy friggin' basterd

there's also a buttstock for the tactical drone, check out MacDev Paintball and i know bt makes sling mounts to put on picatinny rails
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall ace View Post
LOL........... have you seen me play before or something ?? .....LOL
FeedBack
AcidAngel501 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Macdev