mcarterbrown.com  

Macdev Droid, Cyborg and other Macdev Products

Old 10-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
From A5 & X7 og.net

CCM Fan
Tactical Drone issue, drone users i need help

Lots of problems, but Is mainly the older drive train fault Imo.

Anyways, here is how it works
power on, red light is on when no ball is chambered.
Ball in chamber, light is green.

It does that but when trigger is pulled its a flashing yellow and no shot.

Any clues?
I tried resetting the board.
Plz help as I have a game Saturday
GhostLeader 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
ger
Nothing to see here folks

Contact Boomer over on pbn... He's the go to guy for all things Drone: LINK

Hope you get it worked out. See you Saturday.

R.I.P. Battlefront Paintball
ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
AKA Riz Renaissance Man

ger gave some good advice.

but if its not gased up, when you pull the trigger the drone will do that. i just tested it on mine right now.

turned mine on. light is red. i put my finger in the chamber and the light is green and ready to go. i pulled the trigger. the solenoid clicks. then light flashes orange. when its gassed up it wont do that.
PhazedReality818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
From A5 & X7 og.net

CCM Fan
Thanks Ger, I got photos of you by the way from the Days of Days! I will send them thru pm, PM sent too.
well i hope to fix it. Haha.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
From A5 & X7 og.net

CCM Fan
Absolutely sucks! I have called three days in a row with no answer, emailed twice with no return. And a gun that still doesn't work. I wanted a gun with rails for my own preference. So plz do not mention rails are useless or anything.

This is the worse company i have dealt with so far! They can't return a phone call or establish some office in the US that is capable of returning a damn phone call.

You guys can comment if you want, but this is posted now on the web so all can see.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sweeper

Your problem is with the eyes. If you pull the trigger and the eyes don't read a ball leaving the breach and a new one entering, it will change from green to flashing orange. Is the marker firing?

First step, make sure that the marker is aired up, so that it shoots when you pull the trigger.

If it's aired up and still not firing, it may be that the adjustment screw on the reg is turned to the point where it has cut off air flow and just needs to be turned with the allen key to open the flow for air.

If it's aired up and air is getting through the reg, but it's still not firing, it may be an issue with the maintenance on the reg or the drivetrain. I haven't had one of those apart, so I don't know how different they are from the Droid/Clone, but maintenance is pretty simple: Change o-rings (making sure they're the right size and durometer), lube with militia lube, and put back together using a diagram so that it fits together right.

If the marker is cycling and you're having this problem, clean your breech and eyes to keep it from having a problem reading the paint.

Edit: Are you calling/emailing MacDev or MacDev USA? My experience has been that contacting them in Australia is a little easier for getting questions answered. Emails are the best way of communicating, rather than phone calls, and they have a system in place that generates an order/support number for you. Have you received one of those?

"To love is to protect. To protect is to never betray."
-Brandon Heat

Last edited by SEKTape; 10-26-2011 at 07:38 PM.
SEKTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
From A5 & X7 og.net

CCM Fan
Thank you, i finally got it to fire and hold air. Damn is it loud! I will get back to you on eyes working or not. Thanks
Old 10-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Drone

Looks like you got one (sorry I didn't have a chance to sell you mine). I have the new drive train and it works great. Efficiency gets better as the drive train works in but goes boom everytime with no leaks.
ThorsHammer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
ant
Hell in a handbasket

Ok, prety much what sektape said.

But 1 other suggestion, what batteries are you using? Clones, drones and droids are picky about batteries, macdev does sell their own brand that work well, also energizer industrial- thing is these batteries put out a little more juice than standard 9v's you pick up at the supermarket. Most issues i've seen with macdevs has been battery related. Too much lube on the drive train can stop it from cycling; its a fine line between lubricated and gummed up.

Yep, the drone is noisey as f**k, try a sly or deathstix, i swear they're about 50% quieter. macdev matchstick barrels are pretty damn good as well. They do tend to get quieter as they break in too.
Read the tute on tuneing your drone, but don't mess with it until you've put a few cases through.
Friend macdev australia on facebook, its an easy way to get hold of someone who can gelp you with any issues

When confused, when in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout
ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
From A5 & X7 og.net

CCM Fan
I think i got it strait out. But still need to email then

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Macdev