mcarterbrown.com  

Mag Fed A special section just for all your magazine fed guns and projects

Old 09-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

This may be discussed else where... but what are the dimensions of the various mags when compared with AR (223) mags for those folks that like to use Mil. Surplus (or specific) gear?

And through use and experimentation, how many mags are people able to fit into AR pouches.

Take for example, I have an old Blackhawk Commando chest harness that is made to fit AR, AK or M14 mags. I can fit 3 AR mags per pouch or 2 AK/M14 mags per. Would I be carrying up to 8 mags or 12 (cost of mags not being an issue).

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
This may be discussed else where... but what are the dimensions of the various mags when compared with AR (223) mags for those folks that like to use Mil. Surplus (or specific) gear?

And through use and experimentation, how many mags are people able to fit into AR pouches.

Take for example, I have an old Blackhawk Commando chest harness that is made to fit AR, AK or M14 mags. I can fit 3 AR mags per pouch or 2 AK/M14 mags per. Would I be carrying up to 8 mags or 12 (cost of mags not being an issue).

E
I think the mags are pretty darn close to the real steel ones.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
SR25 Junkie

Quote:

E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
I think the mags are pretty darn close to the real steel ones.
Depends on what you're using, but the Scarab, Milsig and RAP4 mags are all about the same size as 7.62 NATO mags. Standard 5.56 pouches will not accommodate these mags well. You'll need to get 7.62 pouches.
m1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Thanks! I'll need to take a pic of the harness and all it's smiley faced goodness But it will fit 7.62 mags without troubles. Heck it fits a box of 30-30 in each pouch!

And.. I know they are new, but any idea how the Spyder mags fit in pouches or are the best in open top pouches?

Thanks again!
E

Last edited by Schmitti; 09-20-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
sucks at most things

I like this thread.. keepin it alive

Condor gen2 battle belt, Condor drop leg panel, 2 fazmags, cell phone pouch for a swab, full clip holster, dye tac tank pouch, 40 mm grenade pouches, co2 pouch from tippmann holster.
and a stock class belt as a bandolier ... and a knife.

Its not a sidearm if you use it as your primary
awesomesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Carmatech SAR-12 BTT #006

I thought I could slip this in here.
Condor H-harness, Tactical Tailor Battle Belt, Condor M4 mag pouches Kydex lined, Condor Gadget pouch, CQB style Kydex Holster.

Sponsored by Tiberius Arms Factory, Military Assault Gear

Fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Doughnut Eater

Quote:
Thanks! I'll need to take a pic of the harness and all it's smiley faced goodness But it will fit 7.62 mags without troubles. Heck it fits a box of 30-30 in each pouch!

And.. I know they are new, but any idea how the Spyder mags fit in pouches or are the best in open top pouches?

Thanks again!
E
I got some surplus MOLLE pouches that fit 2 ar mags each. I cut the elastic thing off because I hate it, and I can easily get 2 mags in, but they are too tall, so I can't close the velcro flap. That is fine with me, because they are snug enough that they shouldn't fall out. I have 10 round mags.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2754097

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Smiffew

Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.ca/mattmaniac95

Markers I have owned:
2x PCS US 5, Piranha GTI, Viewloader Orion, 2x GoG EnMEY, Alpha Black x6, Project Salvo x3, Rap4 METS, Rap 4 LE (Kind of, it got snatched at the border), Ram Combat x2, Ram P99 x3, Ram 226 x2, 05 Spyder Pilot, 05 Spyder Fenix, T-Storm, Stryker, T8 x3, T8.1, MRX, MR5, Milsig MK3 x3, Milsig M series Elite, Milsig K series Mk 2, Kingman Chaser x3, Hammer 7, 1 of 3 Engler Customs M60E3, 9x TiPX, TPX, ATS AT 85 x2, 2003 Prostock Autococker, Goblin Solo, Milsig M 17 CQC, Crosman 3357 x2
smiffington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ATS Picture Thread
All of the ATS markers qualify for this thread, their picture thread has some real beauties too. Here are a couple of my favorites:

Frink's AT10

An unknown owner's AT

And my personal favorite, jjron99's PSG-1 conversion (fully automatic, mechanical, first strike madness)
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
ATS Picture Thread
All of the ATS markers qualify for this thread, their picture thread has some real beauties too. Here are a couple of my favorites:

Frink's AT10
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...ctane/AT10.jpg

An unknown owner's AT
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...5-complete.jpg

And my personal favorite, jjron99's PSG-1 conversion (fully automatic, mechanical, first strike madness)
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n..._GGG4777sm.jpg
Where's your rig?
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

That is the only real picture I have of my old kit, from just before a fall scenario.

Not pictured are the remote air line, ghillie suit, radio/headset, hydration pack, and extra mag. Pretty much everything is in pieces and dumpsters now. I lost 90% of my stuff to a flood back in May. The only things that were spared were my nonfunctional markers (they were up on top shelves waiting for me to get around to working g on them). Fortunately, the AT10 was one of them. I just got it back from having it serviced and I'm in the process of rebuilding my gear bag.

Last edited by lordkyleofearth; 10-08-2013 at 04:23 PM.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Mag Fed