mcarterbrown.com  

Mag Fed A special section just for all your magazine fed guns and projects

Old 05-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

RAP4 AG1 Gen2 ASA Regulator issues

Hey all!

I have a RAP4 468...in fact i have two of them...i like them a lot but the unregulated aspect was always a downside to the marker. To make the markers work more efficient, i want to add the regulator in between the marker and the remote line adapter. That being said, there are interferences between the charging handle and the regulator...particularly with gauge positioning...i would like the gauge to be readable when i have the marker up and ready to go.

I have devised a plan that may work to solve this issue:

1. Remove gauge and plug hole in Regulator.
2. Attach regulator to tank.
3. Drill R size hole (.3390) and tap for 1/8-27 NPT in solid remote line adapter
4. Install gauge in solid remote line adapter.

What do you guys think?

Paintball Stuff 4 Sale (Usually):

http://www.ebay.com/usr/kkpatel2
kkpatel87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
This IS my serious face!

I think putting a reg on the gun is a good idea as it works really well for me, but when I looked at that 'regulator' it didn't seem like a true regulator to me. I used a plamer in-line reg on mine and it works really well but I question the quality of that regulator only because it doesn't seem like it has much volume space to step down the pressure, aaaaaand it's built by Rap4. I could be totally wrong though.

Here is what I've used and been very happy with. No gauges either.

CA Cart Regulator [PPSP027] - $105.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something
scottallen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I like the idea of a PPS reg...wonder if i could install a gauge on it...not very important but i like the feedback aspect of a gauge.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

For PPS I would look more into these
Stabilizers : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something

Adjustable output

Also with either the air thru stock or the back bottle option there are a number of different ways to attach these and be able to read the gauge at a glance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
This IS my serious face!

Oh yea the bigger options are better but the CART one I linked to was the only on that I saw that would let me have the tank be in-line. It adds to the length of the tank/stock but it works. But yes, no gauge without drilling a hole for one, which is way beyond my abilities.

When I got my 468 used it still had the stock spring which was shooting at over 300fps even when backed almost all the way out because it still had on the O-rings on the bolt. So I removed the stock spring and added in an old spyder spring to lower the spring tension. I then adjusted the CART reg slightly until it was able to have the gun shoot just above 300 when the velocity adjuster was screwed in all the way. This way, in theory, even if stuff goes wrong with the gun it won't be able to shoot much above the 300fps mark, uses as low of a pressure as possible with the spring I was using, and still gave me the velocity range to work with.

With first strike it shoots very very well now. My issue more often than not is just simply aiming poorly. But I don't have a gauge on it so I couldn't tell you what the pressure it's putting out is.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I am looking at the PPS regs, is the cart one the only ASA inline reg? Everything else looks like it wont.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
This IS my serious face!

Yes the one I linked to was the only one that is in-line that I could find. It's either that or the RAP4 one. I couldn't find another one out there.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks for the advice! I think im gonna pawn my AG1s to ppl with DMRs and ill use the PPS CART reg.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
This IS my serious face!

Here is what I did to my 468. I was originally wanting the tank/stock inline but I found I liked it dropped so that I didn't need as high of a riser to see my scopes with the mask on. I look through both sights. In front is set to 50 yards and closer with a green circle, back sight is red with a cross hair. Makes it easy to see where I need to aim for what distances as it gives me a total of 6 aim points. The two reticles and then just above and just below each. Works really well.

I made the bottom line by using epoxy putty. Now because I ultimately went this way I could have used a different and larger reg than the CART in-line reg, but I figure this way I can always take the gun back to its normal tank-as-stock manner if I need to. I also like the bottom line because I now have an easy air ON/OFF which makes gassing up the gun and degassing the gun easy with simple turn. I can store the gun as is without being under pressure. I could have used an in-line on/off, which I tried, but I found that it added an extra inch which extended the total length of the stock to the max and I didn't really like how it felt along with the mask/riser issues.

Here's a video of me still hyped up on adrenaline talking the RAP4 dudes about it. Just got off the field at a Viper game holding off about 20 dudes attacking a fort I was in alone. It was so accurate with the added height of the 2nd story tower that it was just point the dot on what you want hit. They finally had to get a guy with a rocket launcher to get me out of the tower and even then I bounced a round off the dude as he was launching it at me. Aesthetically speaking it's fugly as hell. Performance wise though, it's a dream out to 75 yards. Beyond that it's not accurate enough. For that I'll need a SAR12.

HALO 2552 Player Interview - Gorgeous custom 468! - YouTube
Old 05-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

How do you adjust the output pressure on the CART reg? Is there a knob on the side?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Mag Fed