mcarterbrown.com  

Mag Fed A special section just for all your magazine fed guns and projects

Old 05-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Take a look at these:

Bulle Recon chest harness
Bulle Lightweight chest rig
Bulle MLE Harness

I have nothing to do with Bulle btw!!! These were good budget options I looked at when going mag fed. I ended up getting a lightweight vest that fit my Dye Dam mags (non-configurable though), alhough I seriously considered the Bulle stuff.

Current Projects: SP-1 with Dye DAM mags and 150 Round Magna RF DAM Box Mag | Delta .68 pistol | Spyder MR1
Previous guns: Two Tan and Black Modified TM7's (1) (2) | Ariakon ACP 2.0 | Zeus G2+
Scougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
Fastmags are easy to pull and replace mags. Plus I have a dump pouch for empties.

LOL

Thanks for all that.

While magfed currently emulates real steel...it doesn't have to. So I am looking for other options.

The chest rig is currently working...but it is really a lot larger than needed.

I have played with the castings on my regular belt but felt the mags were too high up and in the way? I want something just a bit lower

Those bfg items look cool...but won't work with milsig mags I will have to remember them for possible future use.

How do you do it? Got a picture?
taken from Agent Smith:

Propper Tac U combat shirt. The shoulder pockets can hold 2 tipx mags each(zetas fit also), this gives me great access should I happen to be prone and the forearm pockets can be adapted for 12grams.
The torso section is too thin by itself to run through brush all silly, fortunately I wear sleeveless jerseys over top it.

Woolrich elite tactical pants. The cleverly designed pockets can hold up to 18 mags(Zetas also). For top speed and maneuverability, 10 mags is my limit, more than that is like wearing a really good thigh rig, but still undesirable.
Last year I wore the Eotac Operator's Jeans and loved them. I discovered that the same factory in china had made these with a lot of the same features, most importantly the HUGE back pockets. The lower pocket on the kneeflap I ripped off there immediately, even if you don't wear knee protection, this pocket is unusable. Once that was done and the front thigh pockets were modded to anchor mags, they're the perfect pants and Mercenary black too. In the rain I will still wear the jeans as the pockets offer more protection inside the teflon coated denim.

It's awesome not having to wear any rig.
Crimson Death is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scougar View Post
Take a look at these:

Bulle Recon chest harness
Bulle Lightweight chest rig
Bulle MLE Harness

I have nothing to do with Bulle btw!!! These were good budget options I looked at when going mag fed. I ended up getting a lightweight vest that fit my Dye Dam mags (non-configurable though), alhough I seriously considered the Bulle stuff.
It would seem that bulle is the uk version of condor.

I have a great chest rig already from WTF but I am looking for other, non vest like options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
taken from Agent Smith:

Propper Tac U combat shirt. The shoulder pockets can hold 2 tipx mags each(zetas fit also), this gives me great access should I happen to be prone and the forearm pockets can be adapted for 12grams.
The torso section is too thin by itself to run through brush all silly, fortunately I wear sleeveless jerseys over top it.

Woolrich elite tactical pants. The cleverly designed pockets can hold up to 18 mags(Zetas also). For top speed and maneuverability, 10 mags is my limit, more than that is like wearing a really good thigh rig, but still undesirable.
Last year I wore the Eotac Operator's Jeans and loved them. I discovered that the same factory in china had made these with a lot of the same features, most importantly the HUGE back pockets. The lower pocket on the kneeflap I ripped off there immediately, even if you don't wear knee protection, this pocket is unusable. Once that was done and the front thigh pockets were modded to anchor mags, they're the perfect pants and Mercenary black too. In the rain I will still wear the jeans as the pockets offer more protection inside the teflon coated denim.

It's awesome not having to wear any rig.
I will have to check these out!

But I love me my DBD pants...
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Newbie... here at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
How tight fitting are the pockets? For me the worst thing is having loose fitting items swinging around my legs when I'm running. That's why I never carry anything heavy in my pants cargo pockets, they flop around like crazy and dig into your legs when you take a knee/squat/do anything other than stand.
Pointman Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
tpx mags aren't heavy and you can sew elastic loops in the pockets so they don't bang around.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Stilgar get MAr to make your pants special =p
Old 05-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Have you seen the WTF PALSecure system! I am thinking if getting some of that and sewing it onto the upper legs!
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Bulle are in my opinion not on the same quality level as condor. I have owned condor products including a mopc vest and I think they are excellent for the money. Bulle is just cheap, and they occasionally have a budget bargain..imo.

I would take a look at a mesh vest.

Current Projects: SP-1 with Dye DAM mags and 150 Round Magna RF DAM Box Mag | Delta .68 pistol | Spyder MR1
Previous guns: Two Tan and Black Modified TM7's (1) (2) | Ariakon ACP 2.0 | Zeus G2+
Scougar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Mag Fed