mcarterbrown.com  

Mag Fed A special section just for all your magazine fed guns and projects

Old 05-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josilk View Post
I made an old brass eagle magazine fed with minimal effort with apoxy...seems similar

Attachment 44604

Attachment 44605
That is FANTASTIC.

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

keep us posted. i intend to do this but im waiting if ever they come out with that beta mag. i dont want to buy a slew of new mags for a semi. i just want one or two of those 100 round beta mags.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
It's going to be a little before I can do this. I have some other projects on line before I work on paintball stuff. I do plan on doing it still just might be a while before I can buy the parts and start working on it.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

You can definitely mod the tacamo A5 magwell to fit scarab mags. I've done it. It works pretty well, but the problem is with the actual scarab mags. I'll have access to a 3d printer within the next few weeks, and plan on designing a magwell for the a5 kits that will accept square head mags.
reaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

So, I did buy the Tacamo kit from RAP4 and modded my A5 to take DMAGs. Long story short, I recently bought a Milsig M17 and I am much happier now.

Basically, I have had nothing but jamming and feed problems trying to use FSRs in the MK5 (Tacamo modded A5). I have managed to dremel and tweak the MK5 to the point that regular paint feeds pretty well, but the M17 just has so many advantages over the modded A5 that it is a much better use of your time and money to just keep your A5 an A5 and get an M17. You'll be happier in the long run. Also, you get double the mag capacity in an M17 as compared to the DMAG without flipping the mag.
humancarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

If you would like to do it as a project you would enjoy, go for it..

But.. I have worked with several Tacamo kits, both for A-5 and for Phenoms.. And its really a hit or miss with these kits.. You might end up being super happy, or it may cause tons of unforseen problems..

I now have a M17, and the marker performs so much better.. For FSR it is definately the better choise..
Daron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Honestly, the issue isn't so much with modding the tacamo kits as it's mostly an issue with the scarab mags. I've got one of the pre-release kits (with a metal magwell), and haven't had an issue with the marker itself. All the feeding issues I've had have been related to the scarab mags. We're getting a 3d printer soon at work, and I'm going to see about designing a magwell that works with square head milsig mags. Hopefully that solves any feeding issues related to FSR.
reaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
I think I might end up just getting the M17 SMG. I already have a bunch of TiPX mags that I modded for First Strike. Whenever it comes out that is.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Merc with a mouth

Well this sucks...I wanted to make my A5 mag-fed and it seems that it would be a poor choice...

I'm gonna pop some masks,
only got 20 balls in my hoppa,
I'm a killin,
slidin in a bunka,
this is f*cking awesome
DevilOneActual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

That Rap4 shell takes A5 internals and DMAGs. Rumor price is $99.

THE STORM IS COMING!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Mag Fed