-   MCB News (
-   -   New MCB App for iphone / android / blackberry phones available now. (

Painthappy 10-17-2011 10:40 AM

New MCB App for iphone / android / blackberry phones available now.
In short, I decided to give up on the current MCB App. The vbulletin version I paid good money for, to give everyone for free just isn't working. I'm being given the run around right now. Not sure if it's because we have the newest version of php and all the software that it just isn't compatible or what...

So instead, i've uploaded "Tapatalk" to MCB. It's comon software that is available to download in all the stores. Yes, it costs money... Regretfully I have no say in that, nor do I see a dime of it. They're capitalizing on the crappy software that is currently out there. I guess I can't blame them.

Download for:

Yes, even blackberry.

I've been playing around with it today, and so far... I like it. Also there are hundreds of other sites that use it. So instead of having one app for each site, you have one app for all of the sites. Well worth any cost in my mind.

So that's the option for now. I'll put the MCB specific app on the back burner for now.

Sorry about the trouble, but at the time, this seems to be the only way.

Painthappy 10-17-2011 10:42 AM

The way it works:

Download the app

Use the search button and search for "mcarterbrown"

The site comes up... Choose it. Click on the star to "favorite" the site.

Once that is done, MCB will be on the main section as a hotlink on the tapatalk app.

Painthappy 10-17-2011 10:50 AM

Testing a post... Not too bad

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850

Uranus 10-17-2011 11:11 AM

I found myself using my phone browser 60 percent of the time anyways. I'll try this taptalk out.

paintslinger16 10-17-2011 11:12 AM

I search mcarterbrown, MCB and paintball in app store not coming up

Deuce 10-17-2011 11:49 AM

You need to search for "tapatalk".

I found a free version on Android market called Convo (tapatalk client) has anyone tried that out?

Blackops 10-17-2011 02:28 PM

I've been using Tapatalk for a while on some other forums and I'm really pleased with it. Great little mobile app for forums, and worth the purchase price.

MadCat 10-17-2011 04:06 PM

downloading tapatalk onto my phone now. I needs muh MCB!

Looks great Carter! Thanks :)

anomoly40 10-17-2011 04:17 PM

Its good to see this offered, but I still prefer the "computer" version. Thank Velor for U
unlimited internet and Wi-Fi hot spots.

Falcon16 10-17-2011 05:16 PM

the free app Convo for Android appears to work just fine. Only thing is that of course you can't check pm's or anything else unless you use your phone's browser or so it seems. oh well at least i can read and post to all the forums. With that said with a little google fu tapatalk clients that do it all can be found absolutely free