mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   MCB News (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/mcb-news/)
-   -   Ok.. So This Ad thing has officially driven me crazy.. So... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/mcb-news/32057-ok-so-ad-thing-has-officially-driven-me-crazy-so.html)

Painthappy 02-07-2008 10:41 AM

Ok.. So This Ad thing has officially driven me crazy.. So...

I'm going to just do the Ads in house. Forget this OTHER stuff. I don't feel like they're ads, but that I'm trying to scam people into buying stuff they don't need or want.

So here's the deal. We're going to do this in house only. As a test period... I'm going to toss up YOUR ads. Meaning the people here, just because I can. For Free for the month of February to see if I like it.

If I like it, meaning, if I find the ads on the top acceptable and worth viewing and the concept fits, then I'll keep it up. There will be a monthly fee there after using the simple CPM method (Cost per 1000 impressions), and the people advertising can then decide if they want to stay on or not.

That's it. Simple.

I'm only going to put up 10 banners MAX right now so everyone gets 200,000 impressions or views a month.

So hit me up if you want to put up an add, or if you just want to make something up, let me know.

Carter

Azzy 02-07-2008 10:44 AM

And BAM! they were gone.....

Schmitti 02-07-2008 11:00 AM

No Azzy.. it's:

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone"

E

Painthappy 02-07-2008 11:01 AM

Yup. I'll rework this in my head. Again, I'm just going to do it in house, and specific ads only.

This has never been about making money, otherwise, I could have picked that "Meet someone online ad" I was being peddled by adbright and brought in over $2000 with that ad alone this month. But I won't do that. I can't. It's not me.

I'd rather have only 1 fairly unobtrusive ad section.. with targeted ads, that will benefit, not only us as the users and viewers, but also the advertiser. Meaning, the rates would be lower then expected for that kind of traffic and viewership. This way the advertisers would want to come back, and I wouldn't be here trying to figure out how to "scam" my friends into clicking for unwanted stuff.

Azzy.. I'm going to fire you a PM and ask a favor.

oldschool 02-07-2008 11:42 AM

some of us could use to meet someone on line
not me of course
just some of us

Painthappy 02-07-2008 01:26 PM

Azzy, you officially ROCK! Thanks for the banner. HEHEHE....

Eress Pnter 02-07-2008 01:31 PM

I actualy like the shirt like that, we should make one coated in people.
Isn't there a point the CC can claim to be the 'largest paintball team in the world?"

Azzy 02-07-2008 01:33 PM

No prob :)

Listessa 02-07-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschool (Post 310405)
some of us could use to meet someone on line
not me of course
just some of us

:p
Watch out... the internet can go either way. :rolleyes:

Isn't MCB good enough for you guys!? :ROTFL:

Eress Pnter 02-07-2008 01:36 PM

Hmmm,

"Must love paintball, beer, cats, guns, bikes, and engines."