mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
It's all good

CCM Fan
A pictorial review: New CP barrel and iFit bore sizing kit

Got a nice package in the mail from Paintballgear.ca this morning.

First off, I got a 14 inch CP tactical barrel. What makes this barrel different from others is twofold - First off, it has an unscrewable adaptor to mount CP or aftermarket shrouds and rails. Moreso, the threading on the barrel accepts real steel AR15 accessories and shrouds! How awesome is that!

The barrel feels heavier than the 2-piece 12 inch J&J barrel and CCM barrel kit I have, but has a nice fit and finish. Ano is thick and doesn't feel cheap.

14 inch Autococker CP Tactical barrel in .689 bore:

Shroud adaptor:

Second of all, the muzzle tip is unscrewable. You can buy different muzzle tips and change the look of your marker. I bought a Swiss tip to go with mine. CP also sells an Apex adaptor that screws on directly to the tip! Very interesting, I might have to look into getting an Apex tip now. To date CP sells a good 5 or 6 different tips, offering a versatile solution to find a style for your gear. The muzzle tips are heavy, but feel like they can take a beating.

Threaded barrel tip and muzzle tips:

14 inches is longer than I expected, but the muzzle tip adds a good 1.5 inches.

As you can see, I also got a 12 inch Lapco machine gun shroud to match the barrel and of course keep the signature look of my Automag.

To go with the barrel, I got the new TechT iFit bore sizing kit that is all the rage lately.

For the uninitiated, the TechT iFit bore sizing kit allows you to use any fixed bore barrel (such as the .689 CP barrel I'm using) and screw in an adaptor at the end of the barrel to effectively bore paint size. Those of you who've heard about this might say it's a Python compression kit rip-off, but it's actually made in the same factory and has the same patent numbers. The difference is that the Python kit stops at .679, while the iFit goes all the way down to .667. Crazy size you might say, but I've already played two cases of .677 paint this season. Paint is shrinking! Let's hope it doesn't reach .50 cal

iFit Autococker adaptor with .682 insert

The other adaptors:

TechT sells two kits - a 9-piece and a 6-piece. I bought the latter, which has the following sizes: .685, .682, .679, .676, .673, .670, while the 9-piece has the .692, .688 and .667 inserts.

Build quality is as good as the Python compression kit since they are technically the same inserts, but with sub .679 sizes. The clear acrylic case and foam cutout looks slightly better than the Python. Then again, it's the product, not the packaging, that'll make your paint fly straight

I'll be trying the barrel and bore kit tomorrow and will update the thread to let you know how they performed!

Last edited by Hook; 05-04-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

Well I wonder if they come in Phantom threads...... I really really need a barrel kit for Phantom... Must do some research.

That CP barrel looks hawt.
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
It's all good

CCM Fan
According to their site, CP has it in A5/X7/98 threads, Cocker, Spyder and Impluse/Ion/Shocker.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

I emailed them about phantom threads a few weeks back. Currently they do not but i was told it is being discussed and my be an option in the future. Python however will make a custom adapter if you ask them too and i am pretty sure they can do phantom threads.

MCB Feedback
sevier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
ur my sister

then you get the python adaptor for phantom and the ifit inserts to get the sizes you need.
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
It's all good

CCM Fan
Update -- the TechT iFit delivers! Chrono was 280 +/- 3 fps using XO Industries V1 paint.

The CP barrel has a nice quiet sound signature and the Swiss tip seems to dissipate a lot of the sound, while the AR15-styled tip loudens it a bit.

As for the length, 14 inch sure is imposing, but I'm afraid it's just too long for me.

Looks like I'll be looking for a 10 or 12 inch barrel!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Can you just order the inserts??
Old 05-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
It's all good

CCM Fan
Just the iFit inserts? Yes ou can,, because my Cocker adaptor was in a separate packaging.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ya, I wanted the 10" cp barrel, but there is something about it like I cant put a shroud on it. That true?
Old 05-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
It's all good

CCM Fan
Yep. 10 and 12 inch CP tactical barrels are too small for the CP shrouds and real AR-15 shrouds.

The Smallest Lapco machine gun shroud does fit on the CP barrel though.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It