mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Back sorta I guess

CCM Fan
Extreme Stitchworks SC Forearm Guards

I wanted these the moment I saw them, and when I realized I had some spare funds and that MOATI(person in charge of ES) was going to be at LL3, I decided to buy some. I met MOATI in person, and he was and is an awesome guy to deal with. More on this later. The initial review is first impressions, I have yet to take these onto the field and will mostly likely do so next week. More will be edited on.

The Product Itself

This was custom sized to me(As I am small, after all), and because of this mine only hold 4 tubes.

I also had MOATI make them capless, because I hate caps with a burning passion. Initially these were hard to get the tubes inside(Especially the outside ones), but after leaving them unattended in my gearbag for about 2 weeks, they stretched out enough that I can take them in and out with ease. I'm sure there are faster ways, but it worked for me. I found that since these are a bit too long, the tube closest to the front of my elbow inhibits movement.

Movement becomes easier once you take that one out, and I have a feeling that as my arms get longer this will not be as big a problem. These are otherwise very comfy on the bare arm, because there's this very soft and stretchy material, and elastic bands to keep it in place. Notice the loops on the top.

These help to keep it in place, and according to MOATI, also keep it in place when pulling out a tube(Which is true, these don't slide down if you pull one out), and are intended to be put around your middle finger.

Onwards. You will notice there's no designated loop for the 12 grams, and that the tubes are relatively close to, but not inside the last row. Since my phantom gets about 40ish shots on a good day per 12 gram, I just put the 12 gram in one of the outer loops and it fits okay.

Okay, think that's all for this section.

Service

There are no complaints at all for this. srsly, the industry needs more people like those folks at ES. First off, the willingness to not do everything the exact same way, is already a biggy for me. Also, count how many forearm guards I got. I was pleasantly surprised to find not one that I payed for, but two! Good communication throughout, and just full of win.

Time

These were completed in 2 days, and they would've shipped out, but my address was lost somewhere. This is my biggest gripe, but it was more than made up for by a second forearm guard and the fact that I ordered around the time a promotion was going on, so I got some free stuffs.

Summary

Both as a company and a product, these are awesome, and except for a few small things would've been perfect. Should you buy them? Yes, yes you should. From a scale of 1-10, I'd rate these at 9.5.

If you are what you eat, then isn't cannibalism the way to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
barrels are like women - everyone likes them for their subtle differences and personal preferences. ALthough at this price, they cost substantially less than women.

(caution: barrels are not like women, do NOT insert your p3nis into a barrel)
ComradeBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
AKA Doughnut Holeschtein

post up a link to where these are sold? I need something like this in john wayne tigerstripe
OldGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
They are sold on special op website.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

I have one that is purple and LOVE it. Used it at the Gravity League. WIll use it in the pump tourney this weekend too. They work great. Highly reccomend them.

Only downside is by default they are pretty long. They fit me fine with long arms i have...but my wife they didn't fit at all. THe second strap was at her elbow and the third was beyond it. So we need to get her a custom made one.
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Back sorta I guess

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGadget View Post
post up a link to where these are sold? I need something like this in john wayne tigerstripe
What [MOOSE] said, you can also PM MOATI on here.

Quote:
barrels are like women - everyone likes them for their subtle differences and personal preferences. ALthough at this price, they cost substantially less than women.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

Click Me for the Link
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Making moves since '03

Ya beat me to the punch! I have a pair on order, and can't wait to get back and use 'em. Great review!

My Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...rick_18-a.html
ACI_Maverick_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

i totally wanna reverse them and make myself into a feed tube wolverine.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

I notice on the site they arent capless. Did you just ask for that or is it something custom/extra charge?
My Sales Thread \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...take-look.html
draco9188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Back sorta I guess

CCM Fan
Yeah, I paid $5 more to have them capless, it doesn't come like that normally.

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It