mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
65%More Bullet Per Bullet

Xtreme Action Sports indoor field review

Drove up to Walpole MA today for a day of indoor ball at Xtreme Action Sports. Had seen up and down reviews, but Chaos and a friend were going, so I opted for it. I carried with me my Tag8 and Minimag.

Paint was RAP4 powderballs, field staff were pleasent to work with, field was serious fun, and 12 grams never seemed to run dry.
The biggest points in this field's favor were the layout, the cleanliness, and the Funicking around ratio.
Layout: Like playing in a bombed out office building. Very holywood, very personal. Slight balance issues solved somewhat by alternating field sides played. CQB setups are a must.
Cleanliness: Is next to godliness here. The powder fill actually provided excellent traction on the concrete floor, there wasn't any bunker sludge, pools of dead paint, or greasy nastiness. The air was kept clean by an army of wood shop dust suckers, and even Barrel breaks could be shot through with ease. I squeegeed' once the whole time, just to see what came out.
Fun factor: With fox4 and even PnL, there's a lot of trudging back and forth to the field. This was more like All the best qualities of laser tag, with all the best qualities of paintball.

Nutshell judgement: The most fun you can have with a paintgun when it's below 0 outside, but be forewarned: These RAP4 balls are consistent, fly well, but there's no T. These things are PainBalls even at 200fps. They'll break well even at low FPS, but they still leave a nasty welt. I was pulling shots on those poor kids all day just because I didn't want to hurt em. PB weasel on the other Hand.....

Last edited by Tohri; 01-23-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Tohri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Copy and paste error?

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
65%More Bullet Per Bullet

Sorry about that, fixed
Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Glad you had a good time today man and that you like the place. Don't know why more of the MCB Pump regulars haven't come out for this,they are really missing out
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

Palmers Fan
Come on, if they have a gun I'm gonna shot them, you know my motto, " kill it! Kill it with fire!!!" Though I must admit the only thing that made me feel bad was I used a 4 letter word that day . . . . . Semi, but the springfeed helped slow me down some so I feel it was still a legit day. Glad you had a good time, and hope to see you there again tohri.
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It