mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Paintballer 187 engraving review

This one is long over do as well as a few others.

Paintballer 187 engraving:

Laser Engraving and Custom Vinyl Decals

Please don't ask what my price was.

Most of you have seen my POW/MIA gun. It was a special project that was very close to my heart. Engraving the names of those who have been lost to us was a special touch to give the gun more meaning to the message that I wanted to pass along as I travel around and play with it.

When I received the first name (Thank You Duce), I wanted to find an engraver that would be able to do what I needed and do top quality work. Thanks to all those who sent me names of potential engravers. Eventually I will use them all for future projects I have in mind.

I chose Paintballer 187. He is a resident here on MCB. I try and use as many MCB members that I can. I want to keep the money and work with in the "Family".

I contacted Paintballer 187 by email and by phone. I had seen his work on this forum before and was rather impressed with it. His prices were very easy on the wallet. We discussed what I wanted done and what this ment to me. We agreed on a very decent price for engraving and shipping and etched the deal in stone.

So I sent it off with instructions on where to etch the now. About a week goes by and I get an email from him with a picture asking exactly where I wanted it and the direction of print. I was really amazed with this,because he didn't just make the decision to do the engraving and leave it at that. Thru my very crude "Paint" skills,I was able to fix the picture the way I wanted the printing and "OK" the location for the engraving. I was very happy that he contacted me. This tells me he cares about his customers and wants to "Do it right" the first time.

His way:

My way:

Once the work was completed,he sent me his paypal addy and I paid for the work. From the time of payment to delivery was way to fast from Mich. He must have sent it out prior to me paying for it,with enough trust that I would pay right a way (Thank You for that trust).

I was very happy with the end results and to be honest when I attached the reg to the gun I did tear up. The impact of what I was doing really didn't hit me till right then when it became real. It was beautiful flawless work. You guys know me,I always want perfection when I build.

So thank you to Paintballer 187 for the great work that you did. You will be the only one to engrave on this gun.

Now the question that all are wondering. Will I use him again? You Dam right I will. I'm sending my Freak Back off to be engraved. I'll post pics as soon as it arrives back to me.

So if you need engraving,follow the link and give Paintballer 187 some business.

The freak arrived today 2/28/2011

At first when it arrived I thought it was upside down. Then I put it on the gun and realized it was right side up. This name belongs to GUNFU's Cousin (GUNFU is from Spec Ops forum). It was a priviledge to be able to put this name on here. Look for changes to the regulator. I'll be putting back on an SP reg. I'll sleeve the regulator and have it engraved with the originol name (Jimenez).

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 02-28-2011 at 11:32 PM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Came out nice
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
Came out nice
THank you. Unfortunatly this gun may never be done. It shoots and ready to be played with,but I feel that a name will always be added and time goes on.
Later,
Blackrain
Old 02-28-2011, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Added a new picture and another name. I made this gun so those who are no longer with us will be remembered.

Later,
Blackrain

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It