mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Kilt Fan
I picked one up locally for dirt cheap, and I used to think they were a bit gimmicky.

I play pump, like many others here, so any advantage I can obtain is always welcome.
Prior to using it I had assumed going back and forth, adjusting, pumping, refilling, etc. would be a bit arduous... I was impressed with the consistency in the curves. I find myself dialing it in to max and working solely with that. If I'm with a teammate, they can make the classic shots, ill cover the long balling and trick shots.

One thing I was thoroughly impressed with, is the use of the back spin.
Cranking it up to full, you can shoot straight through heavily brushed areas, wherein others will have to arc their shots.

Dropping shots on opponents hiding, is clearly the best feature though. Great for towers that like to blind fire
Dr. VonDeafingson
I typically carry one extra tube and give them 1 ball from it.

I'm an *** like that.

My Feedback!
vv0mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I've always been curious about these. Might have to pick one up for my s6 after reading this review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Flanker

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a paint match to the Apex2 Barrel?
Panik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Kilt Fan
Thick shell makes for a good day. Because there is pressure on the ball when it hits the tongue, tourney paint might ruin your day.

Specifically Valken paint has worked perfectly for me up in Canada.
Dr. VonDeafingson
I typically carry one extra tube and give them 1 ball from it.

I'm an *** like that.

My Feedback!
vv0mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I have been using the Apex since they came out, (first the Apex 1, and now the Apex 2). I have used mine so much I have worn out 4 ramps on my apex 1, and 3 ramps so far on my Apex 2, just to give you an idea of how much paint I have put through the system...

For paint, I have found that high gloss shelled paints work the best with the Apex, as they grab the ramp better than dull shelled paints.

But, the FILL in the paint matters, some paint fill flies weird. I would assume it is because of the spinning nature of the paint. Paints that I have found that work really well. Xball scenario, Empire munitions, Marbalizers (if it is fresh), draxxas field work amazingly well with this system.

I have done some modifications to mine that has made it more accurate shot to shot, but I don't want to share yet... I am still doing testing, and this winter, it will be interesting to see what happens in the cold, because that really does change a LOT when playing below freezing.

I have tons of video that shows just how "flat" you can shoot with a good barrel (I like the J&J with a tape modded apex 2 on the end, and the apex 2 set at 4 clicks). When shooting good paint, this is what you can expect with it at 100+ feet away...

link for mobile
Paintball Sniper Scope Cam One Shot One Kill OSOK ZoomCam FPS Revolutionary War Civil Gettysburg - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkdxFFMLGag

I just recently put an old apex 1 on my 2011 A-5 stock barrel that I have on my Tipx. And set at 5 clicks, it shoots VERY flat, so much better than a regular barrel!

In the woods, where you are trying to thread paint through a small opening you can see, the Apex, or Flatline with backspin are the ONLY way you can do it...

Course, now I am running the "next" level of backspin... The MonsterSpin, and it kills the Flatline, or the Apex. In that you can do SO MUCH MORE, and shoot SO much flatter! I still run my Apex 2 at 4 clicks, but with the flatline already spinning the paint up to speed, and THEN being hit by the apex 2 ramp, it makes for a much more consistent spin on the paint, and instead of being able to shoot around 100 feet flat with a regular Apex 2, I can now shoot flat out past 125 feet with my MonsterSpin!

link for mobile
MonsterSpin Paintball Barrel System! Flatline PLUS Apex 2 Flattest Shots Ever + Crazy Dive Bombs! - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wJZfHn5w-c
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It