mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I've been thinking of hitting up TechT on making an adapter that is Phantom to Hammerhead. I've got some future build plans in mind.
Wildgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Just curious what the difference would be for me to use this instead of freak boring my barrel? Any opinions on that?
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MOOSE] View Post
Just curious what the difference would be for me to use this instead of freak boring my barrel? Any opinions on that?
both will stop rollouts just fine. The freak insert will be significantly more efficiency at the same bore size.

The ifit / python are great at preventing rollouts - but don't give you the full underbore benefit in the efficiency department.
brycelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Pump player

CCM Fan
Quote:
Both are good systems, I use the freak barrel kit as well. The techt ifit kit has smaller bore sizes (.667, .670, .673) but the freak kit is a longer control bore. You can also get custom brass freak inserts from someone on here named Tymcneer that have small bore sizes like .670.

Featuring Death!!
MY FEEDBACK
MY YOUTUBE

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycelarson View Post
both will stop rollouts just fine. The freak insert will be significantly more efficiency at the same bore size.

The ifit / python are great at preventing rollouts - but don't give you the full underbore benefit in the efficiency department.
What is the difference in efficiency between them? I mean real percentages. I think the fact that sells me on this is that I can use any barrel with it. Also I'm truly only looking to stop my rolly pollys from fallin out.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
Old 10-21-2011, 02:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
Pump player

CCM Fan
I personally only noticed a slight efficiency increase with the freak.
although the freak is much more consistent on my phantom than
the python kit I have is..

Featuring Death!!
MY FEEDBACK
MY YOUTUBE

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
What is the difference in efficiency between them? I mean real percentages. I think the fact that sells me on this is that I can use any barrel with it. Also I'm truly only looking to stop my rolly pollys from fallin out.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...en&output=html

About 10-15 fps faster shooting the .675 freak than the .676 ifit. It's a difficult comparison - because in the test I linked to the barrel that the ifit was screwed onto isn't the same as the freak front - less porting and a smaller bore size to the end - but it's a reasonably good comparison.

Since velocity is the ^2 portion of the formula for kinetic energy - a 10 fps increase @ 280 fps is %3.5 increase in velocity - or something like a %6-7 efficiency gain. Not a ton - but noticeable.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
Thank you for that. Yeah thats not very much. Not really enough for me to notice. I either run co2, with bulk refill tank, when I'm playing renegade or have close and easy refills when I play at a field. So all I am really looking for is the stop to my rollout problem and a bit more accuracy, but that would be solved with higher quality paint.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Thank you for that. Yeah thats not very much. Not really enough for me to notice. I either run co2, with bulk refill tank, when I'm playing renegade or have close and easy refills when I play at a field. So all I am really looking for is the stop to my rollout problem and a bit more accuracy, but that would be solved with higher quality paint.
IF you already have it - then yeah, it'll work fine. If you are in the market for a new barrel or system I'm turned off by the price of the python and ifit. You're better off picking up a couple of one piece barrels like the Lurker or having a barrel you already have freak bored. IF you can get better performance AND it's cheaper it's a no-brainer.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
The freak boring thing would be about the same cost except I could only use one barrel. $35 to freak bore one barrel + $75 or so for a full freak kit. Or $99 for the iFit system that I can use multiple barrels on multiple guns, one at a time of course. Most of my guns are a/c thread.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It