mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pump player

CCM Fan
Talking TECHT Ifit Precision Barrel Boring Kit Review

TECHT Ifit Precision Barrel Boring Kit

The techt Ifit barrel boring kit solved my pump marker's issues and it can probably solve yours too. I purchased the kit several days ago and have really seen an improvement in consistency, efficiency and somewhat in accuracy. All markers, especially pump markers can and will improve if you correctly bore your paint with a barrel boring kit. The purpose of this review is to help newish players like myself understand what they need to make their marker or pump more efficient, consistent and accurate.

Definitions:
Barrel: A barrel is the tube in front of the paintball gun from which the paintball is discharged when the gun is fired.

Bore: The size of the diameter of a gun barrel.

Overbore: The bore of the barrel you are using has a larger diameter than the paintball you are using.

Underbore: The bore of the barrel you are using has a smaller diameter than the paintball you are using.

Studies have shown that:

OVERBORE= good consistency, bad efficency
PAINT/BARREL MATCH= bad consistency, moderate efficiency
UNDERBORE= good consistency, good efficiency

The techt ifit kit is available in two options, the 6 piece kit or the 9 piece kit. The 6 piece kit consists of bore sizes .670, .673, .676, .679, .682 and .685
the 9 piece kit consists of the same bore sizes with three added: .667, .688 and .692. This kit is great, it comes with more bore sizes than any other barrel kit I have seen yet.

You will notice most paintballs are labeled as .68 caliber paintballs, some of them are made that actual size others are not. Temperature and humidity can also greatly affect a paintballs size, where you live one ball may be a certain size while elsewhere it could be different due to climate.

What the 6 piece Ifit kit looks like right out from the box:

Great looking box, well packaged, comes with 2 stickers (bonus) and either the six or nine inserts. The only single con with the kit in my opinion is the price, it was roughly $80 for the kit which only comes with the bore size inserts. The back (which is where you place the inserts, it attaches to your barrel which screws into your marker) must be purchased seperately. I understand of course why they did this as the kit can be placed on so many markers but still, the back was an additional $40. So all together the barrel kit was $120, the same price as the marker I was putting it on. Do not get me wrong the kit is very effective and worth the money but maybe just a bit less.

Seen in this next photo is the 6 inserts that come with the 6 piece Ifit kit as well as the Autococker back I purchased with it. Each insert is colored differently and clearly labeled with its size. This being the 6 piece kit, it has three additional spaces to place the three remaining bore sizes if you decide to purcase them later on. I will be purchasing only the .667 insert sometime.

What you need to do before each day of play is take the paint you will be using and roll it through each of these inserts. Go through each insert from largest to smallest and attempt to roll the paintball through, what you are looking for is that the paintball goes through with resistance but not too much that it would break the paint. Who better to explain this than Techt themselves so please click HERE to watch the video explanation.

Last thing to note would be all of the backs (adapters) available for purchase for the techt Ifit kit. There are tons to choose from making this kit functionable with many different markers. Some of the adapters for example the AC to Hammerhead, gives the option of using other barrels with your marker that would otherwise be unusable. The available adapters are: Autococker, tippmann a5/x7/phenom, model 98, spyder, ion / smart parts, a5 to hammerhead, autococker to hammerhead, angel a1 to a5/x7, sft shocker, phantom, GOG (smart parts) to cocker, autococker to GOG, a5 to autococker and the tpx pistol.

Before I added the kit to my marker, my velocity was jumping quite alot as I was matching .688 caliber paint with my .688 bore barrel which above states is the worst for efficiency and consistency. What I noticed is when I added the kit and started to correctly underbore my velocity tightened up greatly.

In conclusion, the techt ifit kit is a needed tool for anyone looking to get the most out of their marker. Using the correct insert with good paint will greatly improve consistency and efficiency.

PROS:
many bore sizes
many adapters
helps consistency
helps efficiency
helps accuracy

CONS:
slightly expensive
adds length to barrel
small control bore

Overall: 7/10

Video showing consistency improvements: CLICK HERE

Featuring Death!!
MY FEEDBACK
MY YOUTUBE

Last edited by Inferno; 05-16-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Great review and write up.

I started using an ifit kit with my 07 ego and it works awesome!
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Yeah, I have a back, I have been thinking about getting a kit of bores to use with my pumps. I have some 12" barrels so I will still be able to use this kit and have a more or less 14" barrel on my markers.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I just got my kit a couple weeks ago, unfortunately it couldn't fix the crappy paint I was using the one time I shot it but I AM looking forward to using it with good paint on my DSG and DRV's...

One of the things I particularly like about it from a design standpoint it the really nice, gradual chamfer leading into the bore. Should do wonders to prevent barrel breaks in underbore conditions on my DRV's.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
What is the relation to the techt kit and the Python system that i own?

Python Paintball, Give Your Balls A Squeeze

Cross compatability would be awsome?

For Sale

Hawkeye20: "......Hit!..............medic..... oh God...."
pghp8ntballer: "Cause you know, first strike and flatline systems together with a scope allow you to shoot into the future."
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Python changed it's name. I have purchased techT inserts and they work fine in the older python bodies.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
SPPL/UWL Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Python changed it's name. I have purchased techT inserts and they work fine in the older python bodies.
To be more precise, Python licensed the design to TechT.

Lo
Lomarandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomarandil View Post
To be more precise, Python licensed the design to TechT.

Lo
Pretty much. I have emailed Python, who makes these, and they won't sell the smaller inserts that TechT has. So it is an issue of having an exclusive license on those. But if you have the Python kit, you can talk to TechT about getting just the smaller inserts if you want.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pump player

CCM Fan
Yes the techt ifit kit and python kit are virtually identical, main difference being the ifit kit having a wider range of insert sizes. Currently I use the ifit kit AC threaded on my trracer and a python kit on my cci phantom which I luckily am able to put my .670 IFIT insert into.

Thanks guys.

Featuring Death!!
MY FEEDBACK
MY YOUTUBE

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Nice to know, looks like all be getting ahold of techt. Nice review BTW

For Sale

Hawkeye20: "......Hit!..............medic..... oh God...."
pghp8ntballer: "Cause you know, first strike and flatline systems together with a scope allow you to shoot into the future."
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It