mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   MCB Reviews It (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/mcb-reviews/)
-   -   Smokin' Stock Class Pants (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/mcb-reviews/182322-smokin-stock-class-pants.html)

Diomedes 11-15-2011 09:27 PM

Smokin' Stock Class Pants

Video review, if you like that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8RL-GA4Urg

And if you don't like the video:

Pros:
-Well made and durable. Lifetime warranty, strong material (doubly so in the knees), well put together, double stitching on all seams.
-Lots of color options. Tiger stripe, marpat, multicam (real Crye stuff, not a knock-off), black and olive drab.
-Good adjustable waist, with nice thick velcro.
-Solid knee pads. They're about half an inch thick, semi-rigid foam. They slide into velcro pouches on the front of each knee, and are designed in such a way that they won't slip out on the field, even if the velcro opens while you're crawling or something. They offer great protection without significantly impeding mobility or comfort.
-Specific to the stock class pants, having loops built in means you're getting a pair of pants and a stock class pack in one package. You can carry up to 20 stock class tubes (5 on each thigh, 5 on each back pocket) without adding any bulk or impeding your mobility.

Cons:
-This is probably unique to me, but they have kind of a "weird" fit. I can't put my finger on it, but they don't feel quite right. Again, probably a problem that's unique to me.
-The knee pads aren't optimal out of the box. I modded mine to be shorter and to be articulated across the middle. Having done that, they're darn near perfect.
-With the exception of the one cargo pocket, the pockets don't have any buttons, velcro, or zippers, so you can't really keep things in them on the field; whatever you put in there will probably fall out.
-You can't have tubes in the inner three loops on the back pockets if you want to sit down.

Overall:
At $75 for the regular pants, $90 for the stock class pants, and an extra $10 for the knee pads, these aren't cheap, but in the world of paintball pants where the top of the line tournament pants now run upwards of $130, they're really not all that expensive either. They're not perfect, at least not for me, but they are still a solid pair of pants. At present (11/15/11), they have dethroned BT Professional Pants as my paintball pants of choice.

lechooch 11-15-2011 09:40 PM

The video review was awsome, very fluid. I should look into a pair of these...

PntBllnSquirrel 11-15-2011 10:32 PM

I have been debating on purchasing these pants now for the past couple of months. This would definitely cut down on the amount of stock class gear on my molle platform. I was kinda hoping that the pockets would allow me to not have to worry about a dump pouch. I know I could use the one cargo, but I do have a question for you - Diomedes

How hard is it to put back a tube into the stock tube holders?

I really hate dump pouches so big and bulky. Whatcha Think?

Diomedes 11-15-2011 10:41 PM

It's not bad, mostly because the loops are held firmly in place on the pants. If you watch a couple of my FPS videos where I'm wearing those pants, you can see me replace the tubes, which for the most part isn't very hard.

PntBllnSquirrel 11-17-2011 09:26 AM

Do you have a specific one you could point me towards? Im looking threw them but there are a lot of FPS videos.

PntBllnSquirrel 11-17-2011 09:30 AM

just found it. thanks and im definitely sold.

Berm 11-17-2011 10:12 AM

You look and sound like David Schwimmer lol.

Nice pants and awesome Bob Dylan picture in the background :)

Menace 11-20-2011 04:07 PM

Great review as usual, sir! Will very much look forward to the DBD review as well.

Deuce 11-20-2011 04:21 PM

Nice review. I don't think they do them in Multicam anymore though. Last time I checked they were on clearance and only had their smallest size.

Warrzone 11-20-2011 06:21 PM

Yea just looked on there site no multicam that sux

Are they still selling DBD pants anymore?