mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 07-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Thumbs up September 06 APG

First off, if you dont have an APG subsription(im guilty) go down to Walmart and buy this issue. One article makes this issue worth owning (no its not the picture of some lucky CC definding the castle, but thats nice as well) The Noel Interview. In additon to being one of the best paintball interviews and Noel himself, the color photos make it all that much better. Many of the photos from just before the first game, 007's and all. There is also a great little sub section on the future of paintball. While I dont see the "large ball" idea going anywhere, the rest is very true IMHO. Noel goes breifly into paintball and TV. Part of the reason I find his comments so valad is that he has been out of paintball for a while now. This means that he has a good working knowledge of paintball in general (heck he's one of the founders) but his opinion comes from someone who has no direct tie to the sport (ie feeling for one way of play or another). HE discusses why he doesnt see paintball working on tv (allthough his idea of the large ball or WWF style PB are a bit odd to say the least)

Also in general throughout the magizine, there seems to be an old school vibe, not shure what it is exactly, but its a good sign.

Then theres the Castle Article, good read, plus I spy hawiian shirts. There are also a few good pump articles and an interveiw.

I think we are about to expieriance a "shift" in paintball. I belive the publishing of such articles as the Noel interview are proff of this. It allong with other things al over paintball show an interest not only in the history of the sport, but in the attitudes that made our sport. To be quite honest the advent of the electro (1997ish) has done more harm than good IMHO, but I see that changing....soon, psosibly very soon (within 2007).

Now this has all gotten a little OT, but O well, Im just happy I guess.

Go buy it!

Al
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Ray
Go buy it!
Better yet... why don't you scan and post the article for us?
Old 07-29-2006, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I agree. When I read that issue I felt the same way. The pump articles, young guns education section, CC coverage made the whole APG issue one of the best I've read. The resurgence of true limited/stock class play is coming back. Even semi non electro markers are showing up more and more on the fields. Its a great time to be in the sport.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Scanner broke
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Haven't read the Noel article yet... but the one and only Carter Comando that made the DD article was some guy in a grean and white hawaiian shirt with a red phillies ball cap on backwards....

I bought five copies, I'm going to send one to mom and dad, and one to my sister and her husband.. keep one to read, one to go in a drawer...and I have one extra....

Oh yeah.. it's me on page 71

First time playing paintball in about 4 years and I make it into APG... man that was a dream since I started playing back in '93
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Castle Article was by Dave "Landshark" Norman.

E

EDIT: And I was incorrect.. there is one other Comando in the photo.. knealing and in the dark, I didn't see him at first.. but he's there, hard to tell who it is.. small white flowers on either dark blue or green.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Awesome Schmitti!

Did they catch you playing through a hit on the loader!

Just teasing. That is really cool!!
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
I wonder if Dave was even there!?! Heck, I can't believe that I missed him if he was there.

Wierd.

D.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Article reads as if he could have been... is he an older guy with grey hair and glasses who walks around talking into a tape recorder? There was a guy like that at PP3.. very strange.. and of course some of the stuff that guy was saying into his recorder wasn't correct... but I will be careful about what I say as it has a nasty habbit of coming back and biting me in the ***

E
Old 07-30-2006, 10:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
No, Dave Norman is a young guy.
The guy you're talking about is "The Judge". I think his real name is Gary Koch.

D>
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It