mcarterbrown.com

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

WTF Radius Stock Class Gauntlet

Ordered the Whiskey Two Four Radius Stock Class Gauntlet at the beginning of the month to supplement my pistol rig and thought I'd make a review of my impressions before taking it to the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVE0kfEal0Q

Shipping/Order status
Like I said I placed my order at the beginning of the month(February 1st). Confirmation of order received same day. A week went by, nothing. So I let 1 or 2 more days pass and sent an email reply to another email from them. 2 days, no reply. Sent a PM on here and filled out the "Contact Us" form on their website. Few more days with no reply. February 16th I got an apology for lack of contact and shipping confirmation. Yay!

Didn't really need it right away, so the wait was fine. And they are bogged down with orders so I completely understand. No big deal here.

Durability
The durability of this gauntlet appears to be solid. Looks well stitched throughout the entire piece and materials feel rugged. Being on my forearm I'm looking to see what kind of pavement abuse(not on purpose) it can take from falls and rubbing against bunkers.

The straps that hold the shock cord lacing looked a bit weak at first but shouldn't be under too much wear. Although the shock cord moving around in it a lot under tension could cause it to wear in the middle and fray. We shall see.

Usage
Slipping the gauntlet over my hand is simple enough, however while wearing a glove it is a bit of a task. I suggest putting it on, then gloves, then slip the shock cord over your fingers.

In the image above you can see the different ways to put 10 round tubes into the gauntlet. On the bottom is a smoke tube shoved all the way in. These tubes are by far the easiest to the two to get in. Above that is the clear tube, which I only got halfway in where it was stopped by some hard band on the inside of the pocket. And then two more in with caps.

I won't be using the capless system with this as it is too hard to get them in and a bit of extra tension is added with tubes that have ridges for speedcaps.

CO2 slots on the front work very nicely. No complaints.

Design
I can't say enough about how much I like the way this thing looks. Just looks and feels great. The loops on the tube holders can double as CO2 holders, but that adds a lot of weight.

Shock cord lace is great, easy to use, breathes great unlike some with velcro/full wrap around. The shock cord around your three fingers feels just fine and helps to hold it in place even more.

My only gripe is that it only holds 4 tubes where others hold 5. But at the same time it holds my squeegee in a nice convenient spot, so I'm cool with 4.

Overall I am very happy with this purchase and it will make me look into WTFPB for more items in the future. Looks great, feels great and very easy to use.

More to come after game play with it.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I'm waiting for mine. I think I'll spring for another one if they just do the forearm portion, but I wanted to try this out.

Thanks for the review!
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

Leave your tubes fully inserted in the tube slots for about a week. They will stretch the elastic enough that you will easily be able to run your tubes cap less. That's what I did with my wtf shingle.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Wow, that looks awesome. These are the first pics I have seen with someone actually wearing it.

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_772 View Post
Wow, that looks awesome. These are the first pics I have seen with someone actually wearing it.
WTF has some on their website, unless your just talking anyone outside of them. Figured this should help out a lot of people that saw it and just were not sold on it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber_Ghost View Post
Leave your tubes fully inserted in the tube slots for about a week. They will stretch the elastic enough that you will easily be able to run your tubes cap less. That's what I did with my wtf shingle.
I will try that, maybe not a week though. I'm afraid I'd ruin the elastic. I'll edit the OP when I decide to take them out and see how that affects it.
Thanks.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

Mine have been in mine for over a week, and there is no way my tubes are goin anywhere. Just throwing that out there.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
Yeah he is a little slow at responding sometimes, especially when he is backed up (one man show and all) he was making patches for a local game when he debut these. My guess is that the response was more then he thought it would be. Got both of mine last week, top notch as usual. Like the OP said capless would be a pain untill the holders get streched out, however I doubt I will run capless. I haven't had a chance to use them in play yet, but they were more comfy with gloves then without for me.

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

I got one of these as well recently and it is really nice. I do not have an issue with only 4, if I need more I put on leg harness.

Also thank you for the squeegee idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber_Ghost View Post
I will def look into this, Thank you.
ilivlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
All in

Brass N Wood Fan
This thing is so neat ! I got to give it a try. Thank you very much for the review and the video, sir. Spreading it on the local pump groups on facebook right away.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Question. I wear elbow pads, will these cover them partially? Anyone with a set of elbow pads and one of these want to take a few pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It