mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I kind of feel that the point at which the MVP cocks needs to be moved back, and I think changing valve seat material would cut out the farts, but otherwise its a great feeling and shooting gun.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I kind of feel that the point at which the MVP cocks needs to be moved back, and I think changing valve seat material would cut out the farts, but otherwise its a great feeling and shooting gun.
I agree with you Russ. The MVP feels great to use and shoots very well.
BL needs to get some work on that farting. Reminds me of my old CCMs that had the conical delrin valve stem.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
MVP its not brain science

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I agree 100% if it was moved back just a hair it would be perfect. As it sits it is easy to short stroke it if you have not really used it. However, after using it for a while, i have gotten used to it and don't really have the short stroking issue anymore. Its really only an issue when auto triggering.

Please Check out our Team Website: Team Conversion
Please Like us on FB: Team Conversion

My MCarterBrown Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace
Like any thread on MCB ever stays on one topic. Just pick something random and join in.
grimcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #34 (permalink)
BOB LONG!

CCM Fan
OMG NECROREVIEW WARNING

Since my post back in March I've picked up an MVP and have been using it constantly for around six months. I've learned a few things about the gun and wanted to contribute to an already comprehensive review.

- This gun is probably the most consistently shooting gun over the chrono that I own. I attribute that not only to the care taken to the internals but also to the entirely closed body design. I play on dusty fields so I really do appreciate this setup.

- Short-stroking with a gravity hopper is rare but can be catastrophic when it does happen. As others noted it is possible to short stroke it. I rarely do it but when it does happen I tend to pinch/break paint between the feedneck and the bolt. Since I only use tournament paint this becomes a gooey mess that can only be cleaned on the sidelines. My solution to this is to simply use a force-fed hopper on this gun. With my Rotor I never ever pinch a ball no matter how fast or sloppy I am with the pump action. I don't like doing it because I love how light the gun is but I can't see any other way around it. I don't want to risk pinching or breaking a ball mid-game no matter how rare it happens with a gravity hopper. It will eventually happen and when it does (for me at least) it is always at the worst possible time.

- I've learned to use a dab of blue Loctite on the grip-frame screws to prevent them from backing out during the normal vibration of play. On most guns it isn't a big deal but for this one you really can't have screws backing out for two big reasons: 1) the gap created between the sear and hammer will mess with your guns timing causing erratic autotriggering or misfiring. 2) the o-ring that seals the macro-less air passage from the regulator to the valve will tear or spit out under pressure if there is a minor gap between trigger frame and the gun body. Both issues are easily avoidable by simply keeping your frame screws secure. As Franklin said, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

Those are pretty much the only nuggets of insight I can add as the rest has already been marvelously covered.

No gun is ever going to be without its flaws so I just take them along with the sum of its merits and play according to its strengths. That said I do love this gun, quirks and all. It sits along side my T2 and Phantom as my favorite guns to shoot.

Festa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #35 (permalink)
Private Labels Only

I recently acquired one and have been using it every weekend with no problems.
The only thing I hear people talk about is the sound signature or 'farting' but to me it plays no role in my opinion. The gun is super light very consistent and super simple,everything is closed and sealed and works perfectly when all screws are tight. The A/T is perfect besides the early cocking position I don't see really anything wrong with this gun and I've shot my buddies T2 and it's nice too but visually not as clean and simple as the MVP. MVP is a little louder then the T2 but super sexy and not a big deal. I love this gun and there's nothing to it, put a tank and a hopper and go Shoot peoples faces off. In closing this is a good thread and very informative and I'll keep watching for more reviews and videos.

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

Rare and Hard to find Killing Machines

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
spydrmn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrmn22 View Post
The only thing I hear people talk about is the sound signature or 'farting' but to me it plays no role in my opinion.
Sound signature is very important, compared to my snipers, the MVP is quite loud and gives away my position, the fact that i am shooting. i have shot many people without being seen or heard with my snipers. i am not sure if the fart/quack is a mismatching of the springs or the seal material. i personally feel it is sprung harder than needed with such a heavy hammer.

BLAST has a replacement bolt and sear that changes the cocking point from 1/2 to 3/4 clearing the breech when sear catches. i just got mine back a couple weeks ago, they were still unable to stop the farting...
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
Private Labels Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeedgo1 View Post
Sound signature is very important, compared to my snipers, the MVP is quite loud and gives away my position, the fact that i am shooting. i have shot many people without being seen or heard with my snipers. i am not sure if the fart/quack is a mismatching of the springs or the seal material. i personally feel it is sprung harder than needed with such a heavy hammer.

BLAST has a replacement bolt and sear that changes the cocking point from 1/2 to 3/4 clearing the breech when sear catches. i just got mine back a couple weeks ago, they were still unable to stop the farting...
I agree it's hard to go stealth with the blap sound that comes out the mouth hole of this Death Machine, but with as straight as this thing shoots it doesn't really matter.

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

Rare and Hard to find Killing Machines

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
spydrmn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
That Colorado Pump Guy

CCM Fan
Everyone who has used their MVP for a while I has a question Just wondering if after the break in period it got smoother? I never had mine long enough to break it in and it felt like a little resistance everytime I pumped it and that was BNIB straight from bob.
colorado719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quick question? What size is the sight rail? 7/8" weaver (ie standard paintbally rail) or picatinny (mil-sim rail)? Seems like it's begging for an armson or izon sight Wondering if the weaver rail sights would fit.
Sterling500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #40 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling500 View Post
Quick question? What size is the sight rail? 7/8" weaver (ie standard paintbally rail) or picatinny (mil-sim rail)? Seems like it's begging for an armson or izon sight Wondering if the weaver rail sights would fit.
It's a 3/8 dovetail IIRC...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It