mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
There you go Swamphawk
pictures for all
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
First Mate

IMO unless you are a professional player/gigger, get a Line6 M13 for about $400 used. The distortions/fuzz/ODs in them are fantastic, and you also get the rest of the mods/reverbs/delays/etc as well.

ThickChestHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
I've never been a fan of Line6 products and other multi-effects units. The only digital effects pedals in my arsenal is the BF-3 and MetalZone

I know that they have com leaps and bounds from what they were back when I started playing 20 years ago.

I've A/b'd Line6 effects to their analog counterparts and there is just something that the real thing does that can't be modeled (like turning the knobs on an analog delay, and getting the pedal to make a theremin tone or running a wah before a FuzzFace and getting it to self-oscillate). I had a POD bought in 2004 that I would use from time to time and just sold it off after a while because it never got used live or at jam sessions. I tried using it and it couldn't nail the tones that I wanted. It came close but to me close wasn't close enough.

Even when I was looking at new effects after I got my Vox AC30, there is just something special that stompboxes can do when they interact with an amplifier. I also use a Class A tube amp over a Solidstate amplifier because they interact with the player in such a way and to me sound better.

Think of it like how people prefer a mech cocker to an Ego.
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback

Last edited by EgoPossum; 04-07-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
rec poser

thnx possum
swamphawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Because someone asked for pictures.... how about links:

Dunlop Rotovibe:
Dunlop Manufacturing :: Electronics :: :: RotovibeŽ

Ibanez TS-9.. wow, it's now 30 years old.. i like the lime green paint and black knobs of the original/re-issue best:
Ibanez.com | TS9 Tubescreamer Celebrates 30 years

Electro Harmonix Memory Man... I have some photos at home.. my version looked different than what's offered now.

I also had an MXR Compressor/Dyna Comp... little red box:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLF-XAHV_gA

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
rec poser

srry,,,thought more like...post your rig.srry..

'68

swamphawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
When I get home I will post a picture of my gear
There are a few pedals that aren't in the fx chain because I like to keep it short.
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
Old 04-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Hah.. no "rig" to take a picture of at this point.... well I do have a 9v power wall wart. I am taking another stab at learning guitar and this time started on an acoustic guitar.

The other month I bought a used 2009 Martin Road Series DM. Very nice guitar with far more capability than I will have for a long time.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

I've owned the Wylde OD, Carbon Copy, and Metal Zone. The Wylde OD had a nice flavor to it, but forget using it in front of a dirty amp- it turns it into a shrieking and tinny mess. Gives a fantastic hard blues tone by itself though, leaves little to be desired in that respect. The CC delay is a very decent delay and it's a beautiful pedal as well, but I never got it to do what I wanted it to personally. I found it to be pretty amazing for the price and what it can do, the modulation switch is an excellent touch. The Metal Zone is a timeless and great pedal, many pro guitarists use them live and in the studio. It's versatile, simple, and cheap- many a grandmother have been kicked in the face due to the carnage that the MZ has conjured. I'm more of a Tube Screamer type of guy, but the MZ is a FANTASTIC pedal.
Spoondogg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It