mcarterbrown.com

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

I took one down to the chrony, and I was impressed with the consistency and accuracy, even with the stock barrel. I used co2 and shot it in electro-semi, we ripped some nice strings at the target.
mech mode is nice but you can't really rip it.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippmannEmployee1 View Post
You are correct, there is an optional rail that will be available in a couple weeks.
Any word on the availability of the rail yet?

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #33 (permalink)
Barned

Had a chance to moles-I mean handle on at the local pro shop today. While the trigger pull is stiff, it feels neat to me, nice and snappy return but it's impossible to walk, at least in mech. And the foregrip is a bit to spaced out IMO. And for the price tag, I'd rather spend the extra 50 on an axe. If this thing was for like $399 I might buy it but for $499.... gtfo tippman

Note- You are dealing with a paintball newb here so feel free to bash the crap out of him in order to keep him from turning into an agglet....
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
You should be able to find it for 399 or less.

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #35 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Got my Crossover yesterday. Lots of rub on the barrel and side of the body where they slid back in forth on the cardboard box in transit. However, the barrel was separated from the body in the box. The clamping lever and sprocket had vibrated apart and were loose in the box. Both a rotor and old 9vt revvy fit nicely in the feedneck. Doesn't appear to have shipped with a battery.

I have no air, have to wait till Sunday to shoot it.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #36 (permalink)
Merc

CCM Fan
Used it Sunday on mech mode for 95% of the shooting. One of the atackers charges influenced my decision to go electronic. Millennium mode capped at 10bps. You could tell the gun was still breaking in. I was shooting masks, packs, and barrel tips. 1 out of every 15 shots or so would be crazy swirly. So much so I'd look into the barrel expecting a break, nothing. Myself and a friend shot about 2500rds thought it, no barrel brakes or chops that I know of. There were random leaks above the trigger and out of the asa/reg. Some oil seemed to fix those. The Tippmann tech onsite helped me out with the leaks. Since I'm new to "spoolies" I'm hoping somebody does a nice video of breakdown/cleaning of the bolt system. I got about 3 pods and a hopper off 1500psi 68/45 HP tank. It's a fun gun.

Jay

Best Field in STL
Old 07-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #37 (permalink)

Have you tried going on Craigslist at all? A friend of mine just got two Tippmanns with a whole bunch of stuff along with them for about $300 total.
brohandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
The cries of the carrots

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
I got about 3 pods and a hopper off 1500psi 68/45 HP tank.

Jay
So it gets 13+ pods on a full fill? I highly doubt that.
Hogzilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
Merc

CCM Fan
Started at 3500psi, shoot 3 140 pods and 1 revvy. Walked off the field with 2000psi in my tank. Just telling you what happened. I was chronoed in the 270s as the field limit was 280fps. I have no reason to not be truthful

They got over 9 pods in this video. HustlePaintball.com Tests the Efficiency of the Tippmann Crossover Paintball Marker - YouTube

Not recording me shooting, don't have photos of the chrono reading, fancy graphs/charts, or even a cool lab coat. I'm not here to lie. Plus, who knows how accurate the tiny gauge is on my crossfire tank. I did have an awesome paint/bore match. It'll probably never happen again, the Internet is here to call me a liar.

Jay

Best Field in STL

Last edited by JOESPUD27; 07-02-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #40 (permalink)
Merc

CCM Fan
I like my Crossover, I didn't pay $420. I've wanted a centerfeed Tippmann for years. Yes, you could mod a Model 98 for CF, but it was still 4ft long.

It's light, efficient, and smooth. (No, not DM/Droid smooth) Doesn't sound like any Tippmann I've owned before. I bought it for the Mech mode. SAY WHAT!?! Yeah, I enjoy the mechanical mode more than the electronic mode. It's got all the firing modes for E-mode anyway, plus eyes. I'm not sure if people are hating it just because it's a Tippmann or what. (NOT SAYING IT'S THE SAME AS AN AXE) People weren't huge on the Axe either when it came out, but now they have a following and multiple wins in the Axe camp. Just saying.

The only things I don't like: Packaging - Just a cardboard box? Ouch
ASA - I like the macroless design, but the ASA and my tank setup make the gun a little longer than I prefer. You can run your own reg and ASA though, so you aren't locked in.
Barrel - 12in .689 + huge bore. I get it, big bore because people will shoot crap paint through it. Also wish it was Cocker threads, but I get why it isn't.

Did Tippmann price it a little high? Maybe
Does Tippmann have a lot of competition in that range? Absolutely

Jay

Best Field in STL

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It