mcarterbrown.com

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

B-Dazl Mask case

This review is not complete. I still have to add a few more pictures and any additional info that B-Dazl sends me. so for now here is what I have

As far as pricing, please contact B-DAZLE. He is the maker and creator of this mask carrier. He will be able to give you more details on buying and colors.

B-Dazl, please contact me with any additional info I have not added, such as company name, colors offered, addition mask info, who else will be carrying this item. Anything else you can think of that I forgot or need to correct

While on a recent trip to Japan, I came across this mask carrier:

Pro Goggle Cases - BLACK - Brand new $40

What I first noticed about the item was the quality craftsmanship and the attention to detail.

Upon further investigation for information, I found out that “B-Dazl”, formerly of “Special Ops” was the creator and distributor.

I contacted him via email and ask him to bring one to Super Game 43 in Oregon. Up on receiving this item, I left him with this thought “You do realize I’m going to review the HELL out of this item”. He smiled and said “Go for it, I want you to”.
So here it is, let’s rip this thing apart and show the quality features, also the PROS and CONS of owning one.

I’ll be using three different mask for the example:

DYE I3

SLY Profit

RAP 4 Hawkeye

The Exterior:

Just looking at it, you can tell that the whole carrier is internally padded. Sewn on the back is a carry handle and a Velcro strap to attach the case to your vest or wall hanger.

500 D Cordura. Excellent fabric and very strong. Color I chose was Multicam. Full metal zipper all the way around the top. Double stiched for streangth and reliaibility. No binding when trying to close.

Interior:

A nice no scratch sports mesh. Very soft. 3 separate compartments. Two for lens or other items and one for the mask.

DYEI3:
Fit in very well without issues:

Closed just fine:

SLY Profit:
Had to put in at a slight cantor but fit with out issues.

Closed just fine

RAP4 Hawkeye:
Fit was perfect. Looking at the pictures it looks like it’s sticking out to high. But it isn’t.

Closed just fine without any issues.

Since I have spare lenses for all my mask, here are pictures with them and the mask together.

coming very soon

Sewing:

I’m a stickler for sewing. I’ve been know to unstitch an item, just to see how well it was made. However not in this case, I like this carrier. Now if BDAZLE is will ing to send me one to tear down and evaluate, no problem
I really respect a company or person who can build a quality soft good. That means that my money stays with them.
Trust me when I say, I have not run into many in my 25 yrs of paint balling.
I went over this case from top to bottom, inside and out with a flash light and could not find one bad stich or loose thread. It was perfect and well made

Inside sewing:

As you can see from the pictures, the inside panel compartment sewing is very neat. Judging from the seam, this tells me everything is sewn together on a heavy duty machine, prior to the Binding edge being put on.

Padding:

From what I can tell the padding around the main body of the mask case is about
1/4” open cell foam. The top and bottom cover seems to be the same with a hard plastic shell about 3/16” for added protection.

This is just enough to protect you mask from the abuse of luggage handlers at the airport, to stacking gear on top when on the road while in your roll away gear bag.
I wouldn’t try and stack a ton of stuff on top or run it over with a car anytime soon.

Colors available:

What I have seen available. However with different fabric comes different price. You will have to contact BDAZLE about pricing.

Multicam

ACU

Black

Will you buy it:

That is completely up to you. Let me just say you can have a little protection, or just continue to use the carry bags. The choice is yours. I know what mine is, and it's not the bags.

Did I get my monies worth:

I sure did and more. I know atleast one mask will be padded at all times. I have a plce to store spare lens and my Fog Doc. Perhaps even more. I haven't pushed this case to the limit yet. I know I'm going to get some good yrs of service out of this case and when I decide to sell it, I hope the next owner gets the same.

So yep they are worth it,every cent. I'm hoping that others will chime in with pictures of other mask, that way we can get an actual list of what mask can fit in this case.

So let me hear your thoughts and questions.

Later,
Blackrain.

Last edited by blackrain; 07-15-2012 at 09:54 PM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I just got mine yesterday, also in multicam. It fits my i4 very well. I'll agee with everything you said as well. This case is worth every penny. Amazingly well built, looks cool, and does it's job very well. Dazl did an awesome job on these.
canuckistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I love mine, too. Worth every penny; and it's proudly made in the USA! I'll post up pictures with my masks later.
THE Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
ROARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

JT Proflex soft ears and last gen Empire vents fit well too. I hate scratches or anything that. An hinder my vision when playing, I know my masks will be safe in these.
Ziggymarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
My grills fit perfectly with two extra lenses. I also stick a goggle bag in there, so that I can put the goggles inside it after playing. Keeps the inside clean and smellly free.

I think I even throw my head wraps in there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

got mine awhile back - liked it so much I got another one =)

is well worth what I spent - I use them all the time and have never looked back - now my old gogg bags are tube bags (retasking == win!)

=)

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brady "B-DAZL" Coleman

CCM Fan
Wow!! Thank you all for such kind words about my cases!! And BLACKRAIN, you did one hell of a review!! Very in-depth, and complete... Just like all of your reviews

I am SO happy that you all are pleased with your cases and they are working out so well... It's just awesome!! Most of my work is outside of paintball now, but paintball is still definitely my passion... So it really feels good to create something that my fellow ballers appreciate...

Thanks again, everyone!!

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

B-Dazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dazl View Post
Wow!! Thank you all for such kind words about my cases!! And BLACKRAIN, you did one hell of a review!! Very in-depth, and complete... Just like all of your reviews

I am SO happy that you all are pleased with your cases and they are working out so well... It's just awesome!! Most of my work is outside of paintball now, but paintball is still definitely my passion... So it really feels good to create something that my fellow ballers appreciate...

Thanks again, everyone!!
I'm still not finished. This is just the start. some more pictures to follow and I'm going inside now

I guessed good on the foam thichness and the plastic thickness. Please send me company info and colors offered info.

Later,
BLackrain
Old 07-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Everyone who owns this case. Please send me a picture of your mask in the case and I will add it to the review with credit to you

Later,
Blackrain
Old 07-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

This is one of the best reviews I have seen
just bought mine cant wait for it to get here
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It