mcarterbrown.com

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Pooty bolt luxe.

I wanted the 2.0 bolt system really bad for my luxe. I am currently using 1.0 system.

But when I watch these pooty video's and how good it is, and fixes a issue or two with it as well, I decided to trade one of my favorite markers away for cash, and a ordered "Brand New" pooty 2.0 bolt system.

got it expressed shipped here, 2-3 days. Just to see how awesome it was. Got it all pink to match my marker and looks awesome.

This thing is not a very good product.

I did exactly what the instruction says. Followed every little detail.

Now, there isn't a issue with my marker, or with the tank/air I'm using.

Stick the brand new sexy pink 2.0 system into the marker, start tuning it like he said, slowly turning on my air, eyes off and some reason didn't shoot.

Googled a bit, found out how the systems o-rings should fit together with out being too loose, and match it perfectly to the video.

Super excited to try it again! Go to my local shop(they know 0 about speed ball markers, first time any of them seen a luxe.) Got my air filled, tried it again, and nothing.

I'm at the point where I've changed EVERY O-ring more then twice, with new o rings. and still nothing.

As we speak, I'm still changing o-rings following everything and still not working or leaks after too much pressure is in it.

Now, the 2.0 bolt system for the luxe I'm quite positive is 99.95$
I paid 195.00$ for my pooty bolt.

Now, if I'm gonna pay an extra 100$+ for almost the same system, just with a few small detailed changes I expect it work when I receive it. I don't wanna sit down for 1-3 hours trying to get it to work. Well spent more time now then that trying to get this bolt to work.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, as for a lot of people are having same issues, but luckily they got it shooting. If I have to spend this long getting it to work, I don't trust it compared to other products I bought and worked without such hard work.

Not a great buy unless you buy one already knows that works, I will continue trying to get it too work, until then wish me luck.

3/10
Slipknot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Why did it get 3 points?
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Why did it get 3 points?
Great idea, looks great and came with EF rod.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
The cries of the carrots

CCM Fan
This isn't really a review...it's just you complaining because you're having a problem with it. Obviously nobody would use pooty bolts if they were all like this.
Hogzilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogzilla88 View Post
This isn't really a review...it's just you complaining because you're having a problem with it. Obviously nobody would use pooty bolts if they were all like this.
I'm not complaining, I'm explaining the experience I had. And the issues it was having and many people had same issues.

Sorry for writing out what I had problems with it, and saying what was wrong and that I do not find it a great product.

I gave it a lot of negativism cause I don't think there is much positive about the product that I received. If there was other positives beside the idea, the look, and came with a EF rod, then yes I would of typed it in. The fact it doesn't have any positives.

And If I was complaining I'd be more upset, and wrote something about me being angry and upset and or wanting money back for a product that does not work.

Instead, I'm keeping the product, see if I can make it work.

All I'm saying for the price, it should be in working condition and not have to do much or nothing at all to make it work. out of the box, lube it, throw it in, chrno and go. or follow the instructions as he did leave in the box when I got it and work. The fact is it didn't and requiring a lot of work to make it functional.

If you went out and bought a 200$(NIB) lawn mower but had to tech it yourself and still wouldn't work you'd probably be upset. I just want a functional product for the price.

Thank you sir.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

My biggest complaint would be the price. Hog is right though, it's not really a review.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
EF rod changes volume of air chamber. Puts unnecessary strain on solenoid, causing premature failures. Luxe 2.0 power core works tits. You wasted money. Next time buy product specifically engineered for gun from manufacturer of gun.
Darryl Trent specifically recommends against EF rod.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

well, have you contacted Pooty about it? makes more sense trying to figure it out, without help from the place you got it. it could be a bad bolt. don't know the luxe to even say one from another.

though if there was a problem with the bolt, i would go back to your old one(if you can) and see if its the bolt versus the gun. could have changed settings like dwell and the bolt would work, but the settings would prevent it.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It