mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Pump player

CCM Fan
yes if they used white or better yet clear foam or glue it would be much better. Also if the attached the lenses around the sides more it would increase the FOV.

You can mod visors to fit the i4s, ive seen people use I3 visors and i think CJOttawa uses a grillz visor and it looks good

Featuring Death!!
MY FEEDBACK
MY YOUTUBE

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
12 year hiatus over...

If they attached it around the extreme sides it would interfere with the lens mating with the frame. Gluing - the thermal works because there is a space of air trapped between the lenses. There has to be something spacing them apart or it won't work any different than a single pane. As to clear foam... I have yet to see any but Maybe Simon can take the suggestion and try sourcing white foam for the lenses.

I played the entire time I played with JT Elites/Whippers... Spectras were the newest thing and obviously the concept of wide viewing angles was incredible. In all the time playing I never noticed the foam line on the field. Still don't (played with my old elites a couple times in the back yard)
Is there any difference in the visibility of the foam line from normal JT Spectra/Proflex lenses? I have a set of Proflex on the way, so are we continuing a gripe about the lens into a new goggle platform, or is the line showing up more so in this design for some reason?
justme- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD.Pump View Post
No visor and the lens isn't tinted? Becoming less of a fan.
A tinted lens not stock is a potential deal breaker? Show me a high end mask that comes STOCK with a tinted lens? i4's do not necessarily come with a tinted lens stock, it is simply a better amber/yellow lens and does not count. Visors as a mask accessory are becoming less common because a lot of people rarely use them unless it's raining. It is also a way to cut costs, if there was a visor included the mask (E-Flex) would probably be MSRP $114.95 or higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
A tinted lens not stock is a potential deal breaker? Show me a high end mask that comes STOCK with a tinted lens? i4's do not necessarily come with a tinted lens stock, it is simply a better amber/yellow lens and does not count. Visors as a mask accessory are becoming less common because a lot of people rarely use them unless it's raining. It is also a way to cut costs, if there was a visor included the mask (E-Flex) would probably be MSRP $114.95 or higher.
The advertisements depict a tinted lens. Expectations were created.

Events include two visors.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
The foam around the nose does seem more obtrusive on the Eflex than the spectra. The Eflex has a really broad curve in that area while specrtra foam is more of a round pointed triangle that is concealed by the lens frame. I could definitely see that being a potential issue when trying to locate ten rounders or clean off hits after the game.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Six Point Five

i went up to the local proshop to try these on.. Nope. not for me. I thought they would feel like my old events.. they dont. foam seemed stiffer, didnt enjoy the black line around the lens. Ill stick with my old proflex's.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
The Head Hunter

sooooooooooooo what i want to know is. will the classic proflex bottoms and flex 7 bottoms swap out with the stock bottoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool
I've played pump against the worst of the paintball scum bags, do I hang it up? Nah.... I play angrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
-I'm not just a gun whore, I own a Brothel!

So that's Madam Doc to you, sir!

Doc.
STOCKCLASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKCLASS View Post
sooooooooooooo what i want to know is. will the classic proflex bottoms and flex 7 bottoms swap out with the stock bottoms?
Reading is tough, eh?

Yes, the flex bottoms swap out.

Team Trigger Happy
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
The Head Hunter

lol why you gotta be like that deuce
I skimmed quickly after reading the review. I wasn't trying to read all your guys jibber jabber haha
thanks for letting me know. i hope they start selling accessory's soon so I can just pick up the upper
half haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool
I've played pump against the worst of the paintball scum bags, do I hang it up? Nah.... I play angrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
-I'm not just a gun whore, I own a Brothel!

So that's Madam Doc to you, sir!

Doc.
STOCKCLASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKCLASS View Post
lol why you gotta be like that deuce
I skimmed quickly after reading the review. I wasn't trying to read all your guys jibber jabber haha
thanks for letting me know. i hope they start selling accessory's soon so I can just pick up the upper
half haha
Just messing with ya, he actually covered it in the review. I checked. its in the paragraph directly after the pic of him wearing it.

Team Trigger Happy
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It