mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
tjd10684's Carbon Fiber Pump Kit

Hey! Wanna buy it? Scroll to the bottom of this post!

This is a review for TJD’s Carbon Fiber (2k+) Sniper/Autococker pump kit. I received this kit in a passaround, offered in the member’s only section of this forum, for only the price of shipping it to the next person on the list. That right there is a big plus in my book—I love it when people with a new product throw it out there for the public to take a crack at. Moving on.

First Impressions

It arrived from the previous user like this:

Hot damn. This thing is sexy.

My first thoughts were about how light it was. I pulled my old kit off of my sniper to test the weight. I currently have a PMP Industries delrin pump kit. The delrin is nice and light, but might as well be made of a solid piece of lead compared to TJD’s kit. It’s very light, making it extremely easy to operate. This combined with the excellent return spring included makes for an excellently smooth pump stroke. It’s VERY nice.

Shooting.

I mounted it on my sniper and took it out into the back yard. Aired it up, loaded my APP 50 round loader and shot it a few times at a homemade target. Like I mentioned above, it has an amazingly smooth operation. Due to its smooth cycle, I was able to fire a lot faster than I could with my PMP kit. I could shoot very quickly, while keeping it on-target with ease. Who needs an autotrigger? Not this guy.

Also, due to the dual guide rods, this pump kit is also very solid and sturdy. Almost no side-to-side wobble, a huge change compared to my PMP kit.

On the Field.

Four or five days after its arrival, I took it to the field to run it through its paces. Game after game, I was liking this kit more and more. I was actually having just as much fun shooting it over the chrono table than I was on the field snapshooting against my friends. After four hours of play this pump kit was still holding up strong, and I was beginning to love it even more.

Wrap-Up.

I love this pump kit. It’s amazing, and I’d recommend it to anyone in the market for a pump kit. It’s light, smooth, and fast. It’s easy to install, and overall a very solid product.

One warning I would give to a future buyer: this pump handle is a bit on the large side, diameter-wise. It’s not a problem for me, in fact it fits my hand perfectly, However, if you have hands so small that a squirrel could beat you in a slap fight, the handle may seem a little on the large side. Again, it’s not really a problem, I just wanted to throw that out there as a word of warning for anyone with super small hands.

More pics:

Next to my crappy low end kit:

As perfectly round as the barrel above it

Just to show that it doesn't stick out much from the profile of the body:

Here's where you can get in on the passaround (paying members only--spend ten bucks): Passaround

Here's where you can buy one of these sexy beasts(paying and free members): Buy one here!

And that's all, folks! Pick one of these up!

--Dave

Last edited by Hawkeye20; 08-28-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am really glad you like it. The side to side wobble of the crappy kit I first bought was the reason I made this kit I wanted it to feel sturdy smooth kinda like a linear bearing. So it looks like I pretty much accomplished my goal. Now if I can just get some other people to give them a try I am sure they will not be disappointed.

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
I got to try this kit while Hawkeye had it and I was impressed. The carbon fiber weave offered a little bit of traction without it being overbearing, and the pump was smooth with very little wobble at all. Great kit, if I had a sniper I'd consider one
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It