mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #121 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX View Post
are these closed bolt where you have to bore match paint to prevent roll outs?
Nope. Bores should still be close though to cut down on waste.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #122 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by psunitro View Post
On a related note, I would stay away from the Fastas, they are made from some brittle plastic.Had a couple break on me and a friend. A Revvy would be a better choice.

I think I may have to sell of a couple markers and pick one of each version. I love my SP-1 and having 2 with one or both as a loaner would be great.
I dunno, I've got two and never managed to break either of them, even after faceplanting and slamming it into the ground sideways... Broke the hell out of all the paint INSIDE, but the shell held up remarkably well.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #123 (permalink)
SPPL/UWL Veteran

Hmm... really? I have teammates with 5-gallon buckets literally full of old fasta parts. Seemed to always crack right at the feedneck/body interface.

I'm excited.. picked up cottontail's eNMEy. (As a marker for the wife. Yeah... I told myself I'd never do that. Whoops). Hoping to put it through its paces at Turkeyball this year.

Lo
Lomarandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #124 (permalink)

Is there an official release date?Or do any retailers already have it?
paintballguy2255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #125 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguy2255 View Post
i believe it was "released" at world cup but dealers wont get them until January
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #126 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguy2255 View Post
Scenariosuperstore.com had some for preorder but we're sold out. Gotta wait for the actual release date now.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #127 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
I hate to go against the grain, but the eNMEy I shot this weekend wasn't all that and a bag of chips....well, maybe buffalo chips.

This thing eats o-rings (from what I'm told, I haven't serviced the gun). They also said it showed up leaking out of the box. The owner's asked not to mention their name, but said I could post about the gun.

First 2 games today, shot great. Consistent 278, 275, 281. Shot .680 paint through a .687 and a .679 bored Freak 14in. Getting like 240-250ish shots per 100psi. I shot 4-5 guys in open play, decently fast, was having fun. Can rip for a mech gun. No chops/barrel breaks. Used a Prophecy. Temp was 63 with higher humidity, very windy.

Next 2 games, chrono in to start. Little high, turn it down. Hey, now it's leaking. Turn it back up, still leaking. Fire off a string, leak stop. Shrug shoulders and turn it down to field safe level and go play. The Ref said it was doing that yesterday. Make my first bunker, boom, the leak is back. If I pull the trigger and hold it for a while, then release leak gets better, but is still there. Play the rest of the game, leak is getting bad. Missed the 2nd game due to no air in my tank.

Ref comes over, there is talk this is already the 2nd set of o-rings for this gun. We pull the bolt, yep the little o-rings on the stem are getting dinged up. Upon closer inspection the little hole on the side of the bolt cap? has a hole that looks like it was drilled after anno and nobody deburred it. Those burrs are what is destroying the o-rings. I don't know spoolie terms, but if you showed me a picture I could show you what I mean. Also, the 2 little o-rings on the "stem" of the bolt look waaaaay to small and don't "fill the groove" like other o-rings.

I can say when it worked a really enjoyed it, not the great efficiency everybody else here has reported though. You can rip on the trigger, never once accidentally turned the safety on and missed a shot. Grips feel nice. Want to try it again in the colder 30-40s winter weather we get.

My $0.02 you millage may vary.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #128 (permalink)
Ridiculous MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
I hate to go against the grain, but the eNMEy I shot this weekend wasn't all that and a bag of chips....well, maybe buffalo chips.

This thing eats o-rings (from what I'm told, I haven't serviced the gun). They also said it showed up leaking out of the box. The owner's asked not to mention their name, but said I could post about the gun.

First 2 games today, shot great. Consistent 278, 275, 281. Shot .680 paint through a .687 and a .679 bored Freak 14in. Getting like 240-250ish shots per 100psi. I shot 4-5 guys in open play, decently fast, was having fun. Can rip for a mech gun. No chops/barrel breaks. Used a Prophecy. Temp was 63 with higher humidity, very windy.

Next 2 games, chrono in to start. Little high, turn it down. Hey, now it's leaking. Turn it back up, still leaking. Fire off a string, leak stop. Shrug shoulders and turn it down to field safe level and go play. The Ref said it was doing that yesterday. Make my first bunker, boom, the leak is back. If I pull the trigger and hold it for a while, then release leak gets better, but is still there. Play the rest of the game, leak is getting bad. Missed the 2nd game due to no air in my tank.

Ref comes over, there is talk this is already the 2nd set of o-rings for this gun. We pull the bolt, yep the little o-rings on the stem are getting dinged up. Upon closer inspection the little hole on the side of the bolt cap? has a hole that looks like it was drilled after anno and nobody deburred it. Those burrs are what is destroying the o-rings. I don't know spoolie terms, but if you showed me a picture I could show you what I mean. Also, the 2 little o-rings on the "stem" of the bolt look waaaaay to small and don't "fill the groove" like other o-rings.

I can say when it worked a really enjoyed it, not the great efficiency everybody else here has reported though. You can rip on the trigger, never once accidentally turned the safety on and missed a shot. Grips feel nice. Want to try it again in the colder 30-40s winter weather we get.

My $0.02 you millage may vary.

Jay
Did Caleb touch it? He breaks everything

New S6.5 model In stock Get yours now.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...t-blocker.html
storminnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #129 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Caleb has fixed all leaks so far. If we can get that burr removed, it might be a better result. He's off the hook...for now

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #130 (permalink)
Ridiculous MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
Caleb has fixed all leaks so far. If we can get that burr removed, it might be a better result. He's off the hook...for now

Jay
If you need help Caleb knows how to get a hold of me.

New S6.5 model In stock Get yours now.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...t-blocker.html
storminnorman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It