mcarterbrown.com

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #161 (permalink)
Barned

Murf, you said you were using a 68/3k but in your profile picture it looks like a 68/4500,just letting you know.

I wouldn't start hating on the gun just yet, especially this being the pre-production model of the gun. I'm guessing they'll manage to work out the kinks in the marker before it's released. To the person asking about apex barrels, I know there's a cp tactical that comes in GOG and DLX threads and you can just unscrew the tactical tip and put on an apex tip with an cp apex adaptor on there. I'm not sure if it'll work for the apex2.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #162 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
Murf, you said you were using a 68/3k but in your profile picture it looks like a 68/4500,just letting you know.
It is a 4500 tank, but the field I was at only had a 3k compressor. That's why in originally talking about my efficiency numbers I specified a 3k fill.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #163 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Mine arrived yesterday. Watch where my 3 phase review goes

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #164 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta paintball View Post
There is a Apex barrel tip that will work on the Freak back.
Ya took me almost 3 month to convince someone to sell me their Apex tip from a Super Freak kit... Ended up paying 35 for just the tip....

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #165 (permalink)
SPPL/UWL Veteran

Just a few unboxing thoughts....

It feels bigger than I would have thought. Throw a barrel and tank on it though, and you get a true sense of scale. This thing is light, and points well. I'm curious about trimming the body plastic down, but not sure if I'll do it or not.

The sound signature (from dry-firing a few times) is unique.. almost has two parts, like a cocker. The louder "chunk" then a quieter sound as the valve closes. Should be very quiet in on-the-field situations.

It's dead simple... The kind of marker you're going to have to try to mess up. Between this and the light weight and size, a great starter marker for kids.

Lo
Lomarandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #166 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomarandil View Post
The sound signature (from dry-firing a few times) is unique.. almost has two parts, like a cocker. The louder "chunk" then a quieter sound as the valve closes. Should be very quiet in on-the-field situations.
Lo
My Vibe has a "shoop" sound with paint, which is kind of funny when firing strings. I was wondering if these would sound the same.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #167 (permalink)

The Vibe and the eNMEy "should" shoot identical with the exception of the electric trigger.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #168 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Got mine today!

It feels great. It is smaller and lighter than I thought, a Revvy and 50/45 sit great on it. There is definitely more force behind the low-force bolt than an AGD Level 10, but it should be fine on paint.

My only concern is some peculiar wear and marks from the factory. I have sent a question in about it.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #169 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I finally got to play with mine today and was thoroughly impressed.

It's very very quiet. I used mine with a Whoosh Tip on my Freak Back. I'd love to get a hold of Alpha's baffled raincover to see how silent this thing can get.

Shoots fast enough. I heard it CAN shoot 10bps anything over 5 is perfectly fine for me.

In 35-40 degree weather I was getting 4 pods and a hopper off of a 48ci 4500psi tank at about 3800-4000 fills.

I broke one ball in the breach. It was brittle Evil on a cold *** day. Borrowed a pod off a buddy mid game. That was the only break I had all day. I shot about a case of paint.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #170 (permalink)
TOTAL GREIF

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Got mine today!

It feels great. It is smaller and lighter than I thought, a Revvy and 50/45 sit great on it. There is definitely more force behind the low-force bolt than an AGD Level 10, but it should be fine on paint.

My only concern is some peculiar wear and marks from the factory. I have sent a question in about it.
I noticed that as well. I've owned a few Vibes and it seems like they have less force than the eNMEy bolt. I guess the switch over from electro to mech (adding that other o-ring and sealing off air kinda took away the feature more than they had thought).

I'm just excited that GOG finally did this. Finally something on the market that you don't have to worry about coming uncocked when you rent it to a player. Well, for the newer generations anyways.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It