mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #211 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Can you run the Deadly wind bolt or the Be Orange ion bolt with extreme upgrade?

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #212 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeds80 View Post
Can you run these without the body or is it a necessary component?
Technically the body wasn't necessary on my SP1... However it did have the feedneck built in and the body provided necessary spacing for the gripframe. Lets see if I still have a pic somewhere.

T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #213 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Yea that's what I was wondering about. On second look it appears that the body shields the plumbing so it probably isn't a great idea to expose all those delicate plastic bits.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #214 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

True, but that plumbing is pretty damn tough, look how people have managed with cocker front blocks for years. I did quite like the incredibly minimal look. Always thought about mounting a springfeed with scope mounts or something.
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #215 (permalink)

I picking one these up for a christmas gift for my sister(hope the coloured ones Ship soon). Looking forward to seeing how it stacks up to both of my Automags. Sister been a huge fan of tippmans and would not have interest in my mags. BUT after our last scenerio game her A5 blended every other shot so she went out most the day shooting my DP E1 and LOVED it except for the crazy light trigger and no saftey switch (i also hated that cause she shot my point blank in the gut when i was passing her a pod in one of the latter missions). Because of that she decided she would never shoot an electro again. So i was gona build her a mag but this came out at such a atractive price point figured i had to give it a shot besides she loves the colour blue.

Just wish GOG would cocker thread the bloody barrel most my stuff is cocker threaded ULE mag, Empire Trracer, DP E1. Any one know how well barrel adapters work cause it be nice to just share barrels.
TinyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #216 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post
I picking one these up for a christmas gift for my sister(hope the coloured ones Ship soon). Looking forward to seeing how it stacks up to both of my Automags. Sister been a huge fan of tippmans and would not have interest in my mags. BUT after our last scenerio game her A5 blended every other shot so she went out most the day shooting my DP E1 and LOVED it except for the crazy light trigger and no saftey switch (i also hated that cause she shot my point blank in the gut when i was passing her a pod in one of the latter missions). Because of that she decided she would never shoot an electro again. So i was gona build her a mag but this came out at such a atractive price point figured i had to give it a shot besides she loves the colour blue.

Just wish GOG would cocker thread the bloody barrel most my stuff is cocker threaded ULE mag, Empire Trracer, DP E1. Any one know how well barrel adapters work cause it be nice to just share barrels.

Your sister should love it. Colored ones have shipped if you preordred from us. I actually prefer ION/SP threads to cocker. Few quick turns and the barrel is off unlike cocker threads which take all day lol.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #217 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Your sister should love it. Colored ones have shipped if you preordred from us. I actually prefer ION/SP threads to cocker. Few quick turns and the barrel is off unlike cocker threads which take all day lol.
I now prefer them as well. It's so much faster. It's a small thing, but is really annoying when doing anything with an AC barrel.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #218 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
I now prefer them as well. It's so much faster. It's a small thing, but is really annoying when doing anything with an AC barrel.
Yea honestly it's not that big of a deal but I'd prefer ION/SP threads.

I ordered that Q Lock feedneck. I'll let you guys know if it works and if I like it or not lol.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #219 (permalink)
MCB Member

Are these still on back order everywhere?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #220 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbubba1337 View Post
Are these still on back order everywhere?
PM Deltapaintball here on MCB.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It