mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #251 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
10" CP One Piece 0.685
Shocktech Drop
CP On/Off

I probably won't change anything else. I don't personally like drops but I find it makes it easier for new players (this is mostly a loaner) to handle 48/3000 rental tanks.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #252 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Got mine today locally pretty cool but was missing the adjustable trigger spring!I will get one I am in no hurry.Also gotta say their asa's suck my nephew's vibe tore his tank reg up!!So got a new asa ran some macro line shot good .Neat system the trigger has like a plunger that hits a sealed like valve and lets the air out .I think I forsee a metal part here in the future(it plastic).
Old 12-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #253 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I got mine in the mail last night and only thing I'm looking at changing is the barrel. I'm not a big fan of on/off's and I find that as setup with a 50/45 ninja and a revvy it's really really tight and I like that. I'm thinking maybe a 10-12 inch barrel with a decent bore will be in the future for this gun.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #254 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Held one today that was a rental
If I still played I'd buy one ASAP.
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #255 (permalink)
Post Whore

I played with mine all day yesterday. I have it setup with a 12" Deadlywind barrel and a Proto Primo hopper. This thing shoots amazingly straight. I absolutely love the way this thing shoots. It's light, accurate and I can get a pretty good rate of fire. I shot it with both co2 and Hpa to see if it can hold up and it works like a champ. In all of my years playing and owning many guns, this is what I was looking for, this is my new favorite gun!

I just need to figure out how to make it more woodsball like; if that makes sense. I was thinking of a Multicam Hydro Dip.
Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #256 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Hydro dip would be sick but it's way to expensive for what it is
My vibe is spray painted green and doesn't look bad. Especially for under 5$
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #257 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

so anyone done shooting with it with a regular co2 tank? Just wondering about consistency?

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #258 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Blond View Post
so anyone done shooting with it with a regular co2 tank? Just wondering about consistency?
*ahem*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
I played with mine all day yesterday. I have it setup with a 12" Deadlywind barrel and a Proto Primo hopper. This thing shoots amazingly straight. I absolutely love the way this thing shoots. It's light, accurate and I can get a pretty good rate of fire. I shot it with both co2 and Hpa to see if it can hold up and it works like a champ. In all of my years playing and owning many guns, this is what I was looking for, this is my new favorite gun!

Hope that clears that up.

I've been thinking about this marker more and more, and what tripped the latest thought was someone selling an '04 Prostock 'cocker for $120. Back in 2004, the Prostock was the base model 'cocker and ran for, if I remember correctly, about twice what the eNMey is going for. For the money you got something a lot heavier, without a clamping feedneck (or even that low of a feedneck), touchy pneumatics that needed regular attention, and something that was inherently louder, but admittedly a platform that could be infinitely upgraded and modified to suit your needs. Now GoG is offering the eNMey - mechanical that's fast, quiet, light, has a clamping fairly midrise feedneck, and while not as upgradeable or modifiable as the 'cockers, still plenty of aftermarket options from the line, starting with its great-grandpappy, the Ion. The only downfall I can see is that with all of the plastic in the eNMey, you're not getting the same durability you get from an all aluminum body marker like the Prostock, but that's the price you pay for lightness.

It still amazes me, all of the technological advancements in markers since I started playing in the mid to late '90's. Of course, my first marker was a Tippmann Model 98 Custom, and for the time was the height of low-end marker options - light, upgradeable to the stars, clamping feedneck (though not center feed), and only $150 when it first came out. Sadly, the M98's have always been louder than some real steel firearms I have in my gun safe. Can't complain, as The Anvil (the name for that first M98C I still have in my collection to this day) is as reliable as her namesake. I have to admit, I'm seriously considering picking up a couple of these to make the wife and I's low-end mech semi option (The Anvil M98C is currently one, with a pretty nice old Tippmann ProCarbine for the other one), and only part of it is because the wife complains at the weight of our current mech semis.

One question for the gallery - think they'll ever offer a two-finger trigger for these beasts, or can an Ion/eNVy frame be altered to work on one? Yes, I know, it's not an electro and it can't be walked, but even my Tippmanns have double-finger triggers. That extra length for the trigger's fulcrum arm has always felt better to me. Or is it even needed for the eNMey?

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #259 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
*ahem*

Hope that clears that up.

I've been thinking about this marker more and more, and what tripped the latest thought was someone selling an '04 Prostock 'cocker for $120. Back in 2004, the Prostock was the base model 'cocker and ran for, if I remember correctly, about twice what the eNMey is going for. For the money you got something a lot heavier, without a clamping feedneck (or even that low of a feedneck), touchy pneumatics that needed regular attention, and something that was inherently louder, but admittedly a platform that could be infinitely upgraded and modified to suit your needs. Now GoG is offering the eNMey - mechanical that's fast, quiet, light, has a clamping fairly midrise feedneck, and while not as upgradeable or modifiable as the 'cockers, still plenty of aftermarket options from the line, starting with its great-grandpappy, the Ion. The only downfall I can see is that with all of the plastic in the eNMey, you're not getting the same durability you get from an all aluminum body marker like the Prostock, but that's the price you pay for lightness.

It still amazes me, all of the technological advancements in markers since I started playing in the mid to late '90's. Of course, my first marker was a Tippmann Model 98 Custom, and for the time was the height of low-end marker options - light, upgradeable to the stars, clamping feedneck (though not center feed), and only $150 when it first came out. Sadly, the M98's have always been louder than some real steel firearms I have in my gun safe. Can't complain, as The Anvil (the name for that first M98C I still have in my collection to this day) is as reliable as her namesake. I have to admit, I'm seriously considering picking up a couple of these to make the wife and I's low-end mech semi option (The Anvil M98C is currently one, with a pretty nice old Tippmann ProCarbine for the other one), and only part of it is because the wife complains at the weight of our current mech semis.

One question for the gallery - think they'll ever offer a two-finger trigger for these beasts, or can an Ion/eNVy frame be altered to work on one? Yes, I know, it's not an electro and it can't be walked, but even my Tippmanns have double-finger triggers. That extra length for the trigger's fulcrum arm has always felt better to me. Or is it even needed for the eNMey?
Not needed, in my opinion. The pull on the eNMEy is so light and I am not even at the softest setting. I may actually make mine a little heavier to avoid partial presses.
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #260 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Personally, the single finger trigger is great. It's so light that you don't need the leverage at all to get a good feeling from shooting it. It has become my go-to marker after this last outing.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It